Getting to Know You - June 13

Ann

Jackie, my best friend of 46 years.

Sandy, the most nurturing person I know. She will be your friend until you tell her to go away. Of course, I never will.

Julie, a relatively new friend (4 years), but she would be there for you before you could say her name.

This was hard because I am so fortunate to have many, many good and loving friends. (There are also funny, and laughter is very important to me)

This one's very easy but very difficult at the same time. How to choose?

Okay, Dale my friend for 33 years, I met her a few years after arriving in Canada and we've been through it all together.

Next would be Ann, 20 years for this one and several crisis on both sides,

If I can only have 3 then the last one is Mary Jo. She was a new friend when I was diagnosed and she stuck around through it all and took me and my bald head out whenever I felt up to it.

My apologies for all the ones I had to leave out. I love 'em all.

Geri

Chris, (the beer lover fellow I've talked about lately); Dave & Jo (they come as a team for providing support -- prepared meals mysteriously show up on my porch from these two from time to time, plus lots of phone support as they don't exactly live that close to me); Deb (helped me a lot with patient advocacy with my dad and supports me personally now) -- let's not forget the sum total of LCSC somewhere in here......

Haven't really had any crises in my life, until fairly recently!