Lucie Update 06/13

Don Wood

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don & Lucie,

There are few words to explain to you how good your "Great" news made me feel. I am so very very happy to hear this and really looking forward to finally getting a chance to meet you both at the "bash".

Love,

Don...this is the kind of news I need to hear today! So happy that your bride is doing so well! I just love to hear a man refer to their wife as their bride, after many years together. In the case of you and Lucie, I'm sure you will always think of her as your bride. Oh....so envious to hear that you dined at Krystal for lunch! Krystal cheesburgers are my absolute favorite!!! All of them moved from our area and the closest one is in Titusville. Dick and I have been known to jump on the Harley and ride 45 minutes north to satisfy my Krystal hunger. I have to go there on Monday to pull a permit, so you can bet I will be having lunch at Krystal and I'm sure I will think of you and Lucie!!!

Don,

I just wanted to add my congrats on Lucie's great news. The two of you seem like the neatest couple and I wish you both lots and lots of years of happiness and good health.

I have to tell you, back in '01, my husband, mom and I were planning on moving to Houston. Honestly, we had never even been there, but the weather appealed so much to us (quite a difference from Chicago!) as did the cost of living (don't know what it's like now, but back then it was something like 86 cents on the dollar, whereas here in Chicago it is $1.32 on the dollar). Stu and I went down there when I was 16 weeks pregnant with the twins, got ourselves a realtor, and went looking. We didn't know if it would look as good to us in person as it did in all the literature...and it actually looked better! The people were so friendly, the weather was great (I love hot weather, and our realtor told us that if I could survive the heat while 16 weeks pregnant during that time of year [August!] I'd be just fine) and we found some beautiful houses we just loved.

Well, we came home and were home for two weeks when came the Sept 11th attacks. Followed by the Enron business, it was impossible for Stu to get a job, being that he is a computer dude and Houston-based computer businesses were really only hiring locals.

Sadly enough, my mom went on dialysis shortly after I had the twins and things settled down, and we needed family close by to help with her. Then with the LC diagnosis...it was just one thing after another. Now Stu is getting laid off soon, and searching for another job, and my mom is gone...I told him last night that I've thought many times about going back to our original plan and moving to TX, and he said he thought about it, too. My mom SO wanted to go to Houston. She just couldn't wait; she told everyone. I am just so sad that we couldn't make it a reality. I know she would have loved it there. Our realtor STILL calls us every few months to see how things are going and to ask if we have changed our minds...

Anyway, all in all, I wish I would have known you from the boards back in '01, so I could have visited you while we were there! And I so do wish I could come to the bash this year. I just had a baby, though...and it was yet another high-risk pregnancy so I spent months in bed. I did not, however, have the pleasure of visiting UTMB this time, where I spent 3 days of our 7-day vacation in Houston! :) That was a highlight of our vacation I just didn't want!

Again, congrats to you both on the great news, and have a wonderful time in Dallas.