Back from the U of Chicago

It truly is not fair, it defies logic and just is not right :( I am so sorry for all that you are going through :(

The right words escape me right now, not sure what to say other than sending you both lots of love and prayer.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kathleen

Carleen - I have no words either. I feel terrible for you and Keith and I pray that a miracle will happen. Your anger is completely understandable! I'm not good at saying the right thing, just know that even though we've never met I am thinking of you and praying for a miracle.

Kathleen

((((((((Carleen)))))))))

Reading your words brought so many feelings that I had when Dennis was ill right back to life. I know how it feels to be robbed of all hope and feel so lost and alone. Helpless....what a strong word. That one word cannot be understood unless you have been where you are now. Unfortunately, too many of us on this board have become very familar with that word.

Carleen, it's so alright to be angry!!! You have so very much to be angry about right now. I always seemed to feel better after I would release my anger. Maybe you remember my posts about getting in the car, cranking up the music and then screaming to the top of my lungs. Know what??? As silly as it sounds, it always seemed to help. I would emerge from that car with enough strength to get me through another day. Carleen...you are strong! You and Keith are fighters! Don't let this punch be the one that scores a knock out. Pick yourself up, brush the dust off your butt and get ready for the next round! You have so many people here that are in your corner. Honey, many of us have survived this journey and you will too! Just be strong and remember we are holding you and Keith tightly in our arms, our thoughts and our prayers!

I HATE it when the doctors don't give you hope!!! There has to be hope, of some kind. Maybe not a cure, but something. I'm mad right with you that they made Keith so sad. All I can say is you and Keith don't deserve this and I am constantly sending you both my good vibes and prayers. I have to admit that my faith was tested with my dad and I still feel mad that he had to die. It's not FAIR. Go out and prove those doctors wrong!!!!

I'm so sorry, Carleen. I feel so bad...

Cathy

Oh Collen...I know how hard it is to hear that nothing else can be done. And while it feels for a few days that all your hope has been taken away... I pray that you and Keith are very soon able to find some of the peace and a new sort of "hope" that our family has found in the past couple weeks. Always remember, and hold tight to the fact that NOBODY can take hope away Collen. As long as you and Keith hold tight to it.. no matter how faint it might be to everyone else it is still there.

I too think it is normal (and healthy) to be angry. I used to work with a rape crisis center and one of the activities we used to do with survivors that was an excellent "release" was to have the write down all their angry thougths (dont read... just write!) then tear then up and either toss the pieces in the air or attach them via an envelope to a ballon. As the pieces fall (do this somewhere that you don't have to pick them up) or the ballon rise ...let the angry go and really feel the release. It is an awesome experince!!

I too will be praying for both of you..for freedom from pain and fear, a new found hope, continued strength and most of all PEACE!

Cindy

I didn't even finish reading you post because the tears kept getting in the way. I wish there was something, ANYTHING that I could say or do that would help.

My heart is breaking right along with yours.

Holding you close to my heart and please know you and your Keith are in my prayers and never far away from my thoughts.

(((Carleen))))

Libby

Those darn doctors told my husband the same thing. I grab his collar and pointed him to the door. I told him please don't rob him of his little hope he has left. He walked away. I hate this disease very much. Carleen if you ever need to talk please pm me, and I will give you my phone number.

Love and God's blessings to you both

Malou

Carleen,

Your post brought up so many feelings about God that I had felt during my mom's illness. I feel your pain and wish I could say something to help you and Keith cope.

Please try to get some sleep/rest and know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Trish