Sent home no home support

Guest chickaroonie

I can't imagine how difficult this must be. I hope assistance comes to you quickly. Is there a church support group to help? Dept of Aging? Your family will be held in my thoughts & prayers in the days ahead.

Social Services There has to be something to help you with this. Patient Advocacy Foundation? I am throwing out ideas to help get you started on something. This is absolutely appalling that a person could be treated like this under these circumstances. need to think of something to help you outand can't right now.

Gwen,

I would call the hospital and contact your Dad's doctor as well. This is totally wrong. I don't know where you live, but in my city things are coordinated much better than this... They would be looking at a lawyer's face if they did that to me. There's no other way to look at it , but to say this is inhumane and wrong.. Make noise and complain on your Dad's behalf. If you know it's wrong, it probably is. God Bless.

Sue

Gwen, I hear your helplessless and feel your pain. I don't know that I have any good advice, except get on the phone until you get some help. His doctor, the hospital, a home health agency. My dad was in the hospital with an infection not too long ago and while in bed his knees really got messed up and he was not getting around. And at one point they were talking about sending him home and we were in the same helpless position you are in now. However he spiked another fever and THEN they started physical therapy in the hospital for him. When he went home several days later he had visits already set up by a visiting nurse, occupational therapist and physical therapists to come visit. I'm sorry you were not given the same treatment.

Hang in there! Karen

Gwen, I'm sorry to hear about the situation. When Mum was released from hospital, she was not really mobile either. We had an appointment set up with our hospice provider and they came out to the house a couple of days later, but in the meantime, we had already determined the aids and appliances that Mum needed, and hired them.....things like wheelchair, walker, commode etc. The cost was very reasonable, if money is a concern. Your hospital should be able to tell you whether there is a similar service in your area.

In the interim, can your Mom call on relatives or friends to help her? If your Dad's mobility is poor, then she risks hurting herself, and him, if she is trying to cope with this on her own.

It's an awful situation, and I think its appalling that you haven't been provided with more assistance.

All the best,

Karen

Gwen,

I agree with the others, call that damn dr. or whoever is on call and give them he**!....hey at this point, it's way past being nice and compliant, be persistant, I know it isn't fair, but at the very least your dad needs to be made comfortable and w/ no proper medical help at home, there's a problem there. Like Randy said, Social Services, patient advocacy at his hospital, heck is there another hospital nearby, that's what happened w/ me and my dad. I'm praying for you.

Grace