Northeast Oklahoma

Judy-OK

Hi Judy:

Howard and I live in Fort Smith, AR. I'm not sure how far that is from your area. Howard was dx'd in November 2002. He has retired from work and is doing just fine. Not to say we didn't have our share of bumps along the way!

Bonnie and Howard

At least I have heard of Fort Smith. I also am not sure how far away it is I will be receiving my treatments in Tulsa, Oklahoma and actually live about 30 miles west of there. I suppose when I start treatments next week I may be able to meet some folks that are in treatment with me but it is always good to have others around that are at least familar with what one is going through. Thanks for the response and I may e-mail you with fears or questions are this process gets going if you don't mind.

Judy

Judy,

I am in Southcentral Oklahoma and actually had my surgery in Tulsa at the Cancer Treatment Center of America. (I drove 3 1/2 hours each way for my appointments, etc.). I didn't have chemo, but I did have lung cancer and although I may not be familiar with what you are going through as far as treatment, I am more than familiar with the fears associated with this disease, etc.

My daughter lives up by OSU and I am visiting her the first week in July. Maybe we can meet up for lunch or something if you would like! I don't get up there as much as I want to because of my job, but since she has 5 children under 8 and I have 1 child under 8, lunch with an adult will be more than welcome if you are free. PM or email me if you would like Judy.

• 3 weeks later...