NSCLC , in Australia

Guest ssgg

Hello

My name is Siobhan (pronounced Shivon) and I am in Australia. My partner was diagnosed with NSCLC, unfortunately advanced (it has spread to bones and other places), in early April. I can't find any Australian site like this one so I have been reading the postings on this website for support and information. I can't express how fantastic it has been...I have been able to look up shared stories about the issues he and we have been faced with. My best wishes go out to all of you, whether you have LC or whether you are a carer like me, and I thank you all for your terrific hints and stories about getting through this really awful illness. I am sure that I will have a thousand questions to post so I look forward to speaking to you all over time.

Best wishes

Siobhan

A very warm welcome to you, Siobhan. You have already discovered this is a place of hope and help......friendship and support. Hopefully you will complete the profile (the info we have underneath our names) so some of our 'experts' can be even more helpful to you. I am looking forward to getting to 'know' you even better.

Kasey

Welcome and I have already figured out in a week that there are wonderful people here. They will respond on the board or to a p.m. and that is fantastic. By reading some of these latest posts I have been given the hope that since I just started radiation today that some of the pain I have been having may start to go away soon. I take enough hydrocodone to keep it at bay but would love for it to start to fade and had no idea that the radiation could help with that. Hang in there and never give up hope my cancer was deemed inoperable but I am convinced the radiation and chemo will fix me right up.

Judy

Hello and welcome Sioban

I am so sorry you had reason to find this community, but glad you have done so. You can see that you can ask any and all questions here and someone is bound to either have an answer or suggestion for you or they can tell you where to look. The support system here is beyond awesome~

All the best to you and your partner,

Chris

Hello Siobhan,

Well, you are the 4th Aussie that I know of to hit this forum. Welcome to you!

We have one woman in Adelaide who is holding her own with the help of Tarceva.

Now you have to look for hope and you will find it.

We are here to help in anyway that we can.

cindi o'h

I am so sorry to hear about your partner's diagnosis. You have come to the right place though. There are so many people here who have so much information that can help. I hope that you have peace in your heart and that you get some good news.

Jen

Welcome Siobhan,

Unfortunately you are right when you say there is no support site like this one at home. However, I have found this site to be informative and more importantly supportive. There are many great people on here.

All the best to you and your partner,

Sharon

Thank you all for your kind words & support. This is a frightening time and knowing that I can seek support and reliable information, based on real experience, is great. And hopefully, in time, I will be able to help out someone else by relaying our experience. I have updated my profile (I hope it works...I am not very computer savvy!). Best wishes to you. Siobhan

Hi Siobhan,

Welcome here and glad that you found us. There are people here from all over the world.

Please know that we are always here and there is always someone who can answer a question if you have any. We are also a great support board.

Keep us posted on your partner's progress.

Maryanne :wink:

Howdy Siobhan! Welcome! I'm sorry you had to find us, but we're glad that you did. If you need anything, just throw it out there. Chances are someone has already been through it and will tell you what to expect. There are many wonderful people here to help you.

All the best!

Darrell

Welcome to you Siobhan. As you can see I'm English -there's all sorts here (literally :wink: ) because it's the best board of its kind. All of us will have done that late night trawling of sites and yet we're all here and it's for a very good reason. Best of luck to you and yours

Dee

Ps don't know if you're a football fan but I'm kind of hoping you beat Croatia today and it's not really like us to support you at sport!

Welcome Siobhan,

I am so sorry you and your partner are going through this nightmare of a journey. But, if you must, I'm glad you found this site. There is so much love, support and knowledge here.

Just let us know how we can help you and what support you need, and you will receive it.

Keeping you in my prayers

Carleen