Moms pain and suffering is finally gone

Bill

So sorry to hear this sad news about your mom. I know how much your dad loved her and was by her side. They had such a special bond.

You mom faught for so long that I know her determination is what has brought everyone to tears.

She was a special lady. Please accept my deepest condolences and give them to you dad from me.

Maryanne

Dear Bill and Rob,

I'm so sorry I'm late in responding. I am crushed to hear this even though I knew it was coming.

Every death here takes my breath away. It seems as though I feel every one of these painful announcements like the person who passed was my personal close friend all my life, even though I've never seen the whites of their eyes, heard their laughter, or seen their smile. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to talk to Etsuko before she died. It made her even more real and I felt a bond of incredible magnitude. In her voice and in her tears I "heard" her love for you both. She was so sad because she knew she was going away.

I feel the same way about both of you. Having known you both, and having walked the walk you are now walking, and living with a son who is struggling trying to take that walk, I can literally feel the depth of your sadness.

When you fight and fight and fight with literally all you've got and you still lose your precious loved one, it just drops you to the lowest low you've ever experienced. It's a sadness that no one can touch or heal except God. It's a sadness that I just don't know how anyone gets through that doesn't know and trust God.

I pray in the name of Jesus that God touches that spot in both of you. He won't take it completely away. He doesn't need to. Just His touch will keep you from the depths of despair. Just His touch will begin the healing process. Just His touch will give you strength to carry on. Just His touch will draw you closer to Him. Contrary to popular belief, we don't find God. He is always there. Our Creator always knows right where His children are and He never leaves them, but He will not intrude where He is not wanted. All we have to do is seek Him and invite Him in and the comfort and understanding penetrates our hearts.

Bill and Rob, I suspect that you both might fade away from this group of wonderful people, and that's ok, of course. I know I have, but I also know that this is the place to come not only for information but for comfort and understanding. I know that I could post on this website today or five years from today and the words of comfort or understanding that I seek will be there for me. That's more than I can say for some of my very own friends and family, and I know that's true for you, too. So, don't be shy. As long as this wonderful LCSC board is alive and active, if you need to talk to someone who has walked this walk - someone will always be here for you.

All my love,

Peggy

I am so very sorry for the loss of you mother, and Bill for the loss of your dear wife.

I pray that God wrap you in his warm and loving embrace and grant you comfort and peace. I know this hurts terribly and that there is nothing I can do or say that will ease this pain. But know we are thinking of you and praying for you. We love you and thank you for sharing with us.

OCRegister.com

Etsuko Culkin

Culkin, Etsuko, 58, of Lake Forest, passed June 19, 2006. She was a homemaker. Survived by husband, William Culkin and son, Robert Culkin.

Omega Society

Published in the Orange County Register on 6/25/2006.

posted here by Carol ( Bill's sister )

• 4 weeks later...