Jump to content

More problems


Recommended Posts

Kay(mother-in-law) is still in the hospital. They gave her 2 until of Blood Saturday her hemoglobin went up to 10.7 now it has dropped back down to 9.7(yesterdays numbers), so the blood helped for one day.

She has an infection they started Vanomyicin(sp) fior two days stopped it, her fever went back up and her white count.

She had a chest X-Ray that said she had neoplastic(sp) in her lower right lung(the same lung that this started in).She started solids Sunday then yesterday she ended up "sick" again so they put her back on Soft food and done a Upper GI today.The way she is swallowing it's not going in right so they are calling the Gastric Dr.

I talked to her Onc. yesterday and he said that if the Pet scan shows it has spread then it's time to call in Hospice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well her PET scan was postponed by her PCP and her ONC they did do a CT scan.I think one reason it was postponed was she is still in the hospital in one city and the PET scan is 40 miles away.I don't really know exactly why.

They did the scope down her throat this morning hoping for good results. Her Hemoglobin is dropping again it was 8.6 today and if it goes below 8 more Blood.

I am hoping the one month she was onTarceva helped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tina:

I hope the tarceva has been working.

It seems to me that there would still be other options if there is a spread. There are other chemotherapys available. Avastin, gemzar and in various combinations with each other and with tarceva are some. But, I suppose since your MIL's immune system is already compromised, maybe that is why the oncologist would suggest hospice if the tarceva is not working.

I hope it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tHE oNC CALLED HER AND TOLD HER IT HAS SPREAD BACK TO HER LEFT LUNG NOW IN THE LOWER lOBE(THEY TOOK OUT THE UPPER LOBE)

She may get to come home Friday but the Onc agreed that she couldn't handle any more Chemo. I don't know if he is going to call Hospice in at this point or wait until she gets a PET scan instead of the CT scan.

I don't know if this is related to the Tarceva her Lupus or her cancer but her eyesight is worse, everything is blurry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.