mesothelioma

Leeee

Hi, my name is Lee. I am a 45 year old woman from New Haven, CT. I was dx. w/ adenocarcinoma last Nov., I had a large tumor on my right diaphram and a couple of small nodules on my right pluera. I had 3 rounds of cisplat/Gemzar which took out the nodules and brought the tumor down to a sliver. 8 weeks ago I had surgery to remove the tumor, my right upper lobe, pleura, and a half a dozen ribs. After surgery my surgeon changed my dx. to mesothelioma and I am now getting 4 more rounds of chemo. This has been one strange ride. The first round of chemo made me VERY sick but obviously worked really well (plus I did not lose my hair)so I should not be complaining that I have to do 4 more rounds but I am sooo tired from surgery, this is really going to wipe me out. I have not talked to anyone else w/ lung cancer and would love to hear from survivors to give me alittle boost as I start this next round of treatment. Plus I would like to know if anyone who had surgery found their liver pushing out the side of their stomach!! My surgeon told me that since I no longer have ribs to hold my liver in place it has migrated to my sbdominal wall!!! It's very attractive. Thanks, Lee.

Lee welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. You must have had so much pain from that operation and to lose all those ribs.

But at least they were able to operate. It will take time but you will be fine. You will get stronger everyday and the treatments will help you keep that monster away.

Never give up!! You seem like a fighter and that is half the battle there.

We are always here for you, if you need support or have questions.

I hope you feel better soon and you are on some good pain meds.

Hang in there. You are a lucky girl!

Maryanne :wink:

Hello Lee and welcome.

I am sorry you had reason to find this site, but am glad you are here. You will meet so many wonderful and caring people around this site who can help answer your questions and guide you in this journey. You will also find a tremendous amount of support here which is such a great feeling.

If you need any help, please feel free to ask. There is almost always someone here that will help.

Sending you tons of positive thoughts and prayers,

Chris

Hi Lee,

I'm sorry that you are dealing with mesothelioma and that you are still in pain from your surgery.

I too have meso and was misdiagnosed with adenocarcinoma 11 years ago. I just wanted to let you know that there are long term survivors of this disease out here. Hopefully Jodi will be along soon and can share her experience with you. She had her lung removed completely so she can relate to the surgical pain you're experiencing better then I can. I believe she was only 26 at the time of her diagnosis.

Please know that you are in my prayers and I hope that your remaining chemo treatments will knock out the cancer completely and that your side effects can be eliminated.

God Bless.

Antoinette

Miss Lee,

Welcome to the boards. I am sorry that you have to be here though :( My dad has small cell, so I don't know much about your diagnosis. I pray that you have peace, answers, and of course successful treatments. God bless!

Jen

such a big surgery! of course you're tired with everything you've been through. my mom has NSCLC, and had her lung removed last year. the surgical pain was hard, especially, she said, the rib and muscle healing. hang in there, my mother is going great now, almost exactly a year later.

welcome to the board, you'll get lots of love and support here.

xoxo

amie

Lee,

Sorry about the diagnosis. Wow, what big surgery you had! Glad they got it all. Gemzar really tends to kick the crap out of you, especially on top of extensive surgery. Give your body plenty of fluids, rest, and time to recuperate. It'll take awhile, be patient. Hope the pain from the surgery is being controlled for you.

Keep us updated.

Welthy