Had A Good Run With Tarceva - Next Up!

dadstimeon

Hello All,

Well saw my doctor today, got my results from Wednesday's Ct Scan and the Tarceva stopped working. Back up to 6 nodules in both lungs but all are tiny. So next up is Alimta. But before I start that have to deal with my leg. Picked up an infection about a month ago was on the mend but starting to act up again. Does not seem to want to heal at all and is very swollen again, ulcerating like crazy. So to make a long story short the game plan is to take care of the leg first and then after it is healed start Alimta. Take care everyone and have a nice weekend. Spirits are good and I'm going to win my battle no matter how long it takes me.

Rich

Rich,

Sorry the Tarceva is no longer working. Praying for a quick healing of your leg so you can get going on the Alimta. Are you going to a wound center? My mom has been very successful at getting her legs healed by going to a wound center for treatment. Take care. Keep your positive attitude! You are an inspiration.

Rich With an atitude like that you can be my ringman any day of the week. Good Luck Sending prayers and positive energy boosters.

Richard, I hate that the Tarceva stopped working for you. I hope the Alimta is easy on you when you start it. The suggestion of a wound care clinic is a good one--maybe you should ask your doctor about it. You've got a great attitude and it will take you far in your battle.

Rochelle

Hi Tina,

The game plan is for me to go back Sat/Sun to have it checked and the dressing changed. A visiting nurse will come out during the week to look at it and change the dressing. Have an appointment on Thursday and if it is better they will do a Uno Boot again. If it is not getting better they will sent me to the hospital. But I will ask about the wound center, not sure if that is what it is called here. Thanks for the info.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, much appreciated.

Rich

Sorry to hear about the Tarceva not doing it's job anymore. :(:x But, as long as you keep your GOOD SPIRITS You can't lose! Your a winner no matter what! :wink::wink:

We beat this battle every day we get out of bed. :wink:

It's Another Great Day to Be Alive!!

I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. Alimta just might be the magic bullet. :D

Rich,

Best of luck on getting that leg healed so you can carry on with the rest of the plans....you are such a warrior and I hope you know that many people are inspired by your fighting spirit.

Cindy