5 miles on easy hiking trail 4 weeks after surgery

dcorey33

Evening all,

I had to tell someone. My husband and I did 5 miles on one on the easy hiking trail around here today. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks exactly after having the lower lobe of my right lung taken out. I am really spent and the last mile tonight was grueling, but I did it.

I think I will be able to take my friends up on their challenge of climbing Half Dome this Sept. :lol: I think with a little work and training I really can do this.

I don't know call me crazy :roll: I have never been one to turn down a challenge

dani

Congratulations on your 5 mile hike! My surgeon never forgets to tell me to keep exercising and push my limits and I do listen to him. I hope you meet your goals...it made me feel good to be able to do physical activity again.

Cindy

Thanks :oops: It really felt good, but I think I over did it LOL. I am feeling it today, in a good way. My muscles really have not been challenged for a while like that. I did sleep hard last night I don't think I woke up once. :D

I love the support I get here :lol: All of you are wonderful people with such big hearts.

dani

Thank you all for you kind words and encouragement. I mainly did that to see if I would be able to Disneyland this next week. We have not been able to take a vacation since my daughter was 4. She is 11 now. So Sunday we are headed down to So. CA for a week and we were hoping to do the park on the 4th. The three of us have been through so much in the past years, with my medical problems, surgeries and my husbands surgeries. My daughter has kind of lost out on what most kids take for granted. She is a good kid and has never complained about the fact that she doesn't get some of the nicer things her friends have or have been.

I am really excited to give her something she really deserves it. It is going to kind of be on the cheep, but I don't think it will matter to her :)

dani