Whew....

kimblanchard

Met with the ONC today and got the results of latest CT scan. The news was GREAT, Tarceva is doing its thing....all Tumors Nodules decreased slightly or disappeared. Next checkup in eight weeks.

I still look like a teenager, but I feel absolutely wonderful. I really never thought I would feel this good again....life is good.

Lets hear one for Tarceva and hope for a long relationship.

Oh yeah next week is my 3 year anniversary, two years past my prognosis. You all have meant so much to me and helped me thru my tough times...Thank You.

I did something at the Clinic today that surprised everyone and it surprised me that it surprised them. I offered to talk with/counsel any lung cancer patient that may need some extra help. I was surprised to learn that no peer support existed. I have you guys and hope to pass that on.

ur pal

jim

Great news!

And how wonderful that you've offered to talk to people going through the same thing. Once, when I was going through an infusion at the Cancer Institute, my onc nurse came in and told me there was a young man my age about to get his first chemo, and she asked me if I wouldn't mind going over to his room and talk to him. I thought it would have been wonderful to do that, but he didn't want to talk to me :cry: The nurse told me that he was sort of a "tough guy" type and didn't feel that he needed any counseling....but there are so many who do.

Pass that lemonade, would ya.. I wouldn't want to miss the chance to toast you, our friend and inspiration . Jim, I'm so very happy for you and your post here brought tears to my eyes.. no I lied, they are dripping off my chin. How wonderful of you to offer to help someone else, I just want you to know that you helped Mike on many occassions. I printed out your posts and they really helped keep his chin up and keep him going. God Bless you.

Love,

Sue

Jim, congratulations on the great report and on 3 years of survivorship! Way to go, dude! I am proud of you for wanting to help others with lc. Lots of folks with lc never get well enough to be able to do that. Lucie has been doing that for the past 3 years, and she has helped many. It is a tough role, though, because you love 'em and lose 'em so many times. I encourage you to follow that impulse. Don

Whew indeed, Jim! That is great news. I hope you stick around for much longer than 3 years. It was really nice of you to offer yourself to others for support. There is a guy in my chemo shop who I think has lc. Maybe I will sit next to him next time and strike up a conversation.

Don M

yeah!!!! I like Mikes Hard Lemonade for this party folks!! Glad it is working for you and will continue to.

Jim,

Great news for you and your shadow. Looks like you will be doing a lot more fishing together. Thank you for sharing. It is always inspiring and a pleasure to hear the good news stories. BTW you live in one of the best cities in America. I was assigned twice to Charleston AFB and we loved it there.