My dad amazes me.

After the news we got yesterday, today he's in wonderful spirits. He told me today (as I sat across from him with my eyes swollen from crying myself to sleep last night) to not be sad because he's not. He said that if God called him home tomorrow, he's ready. He said that he's handed it over to the Lord, and he knows that this new round of alimta is going to cure him. He said that with God and the support of his wife and children, he's going to make it. He's already making plans for me to take him fishing in a couple of weeks. My favorite memories are of my dad and I fishing when I was just a tiny little girl. It's hard to believe I celebrated my 35th birthday this week, and I still feel like a little girl sitting on Daddy's lap. As usual, Daddy can make the whole world seem better.

All of our survivors are just the greatest, aren't they?? :D I know how you feel because my husband never ceases to amaze me either. They seem to handle it so much better than the rest of us around them. I'm not sure I'd have the strength and grace that my husband has shown through all of this crummy disease.

My best and hats off to your Dad!

Welthy

Jendew,

God bless you! You have such a strong Father. It is amazing how no matter what, they are the strong ones through thick and thin. We are so fortunate to have such amazing parents!

I pray so much that the next round works and that it is a success for you and for your family. Your Dad's fighting spirit is amazing, and it is always so shocking how it really does work! Keep those thoughts coming, and support him along the way! Awesome!

God bless,

Jen

Just like a dad, facing his own fear, he is comforting you. If he feels Alimta is going to cure him, believe him. He knows where he is at.

My Dad told me his cancer wasn't going to kill him. It hasn't and I believe him. In the meantime, love your dad, do everything you can to spoil him. It's a scary time for everyone but there are survivors. Believe your dad can be one of them.

Jendew,

Your fathers sentement and faith in God's will was echoed by my Dad throughout his illness and I believe really did help him to continue to "do battle" with this disease.

Fishing sounds wonderful! Many of my best memories of my Dad are of times our family spent fishing and camping.

Treasure each moment and live/love as though there is no tommorow!

Thanks for sharing - your post brought a much needed smile today.

God Bless,

Cindy