Overdue Frank L. Update.

Frank Lamb

Hello everyone,I guess I am overdue to update.I've had a pretty bad last several weeks and haven't been posting too much.Mostly just reading.

Had a CT scan on June 5th at the Va hospital in Pgh.They always use a dye for those and tell me to drink a lots of fluids cause the dye is very hard on the kidneys.Well I drank a lot of fluids all day and woke up next morning and couldn't pee.Had to but couldn't.To make a long story short my wife has taken me to either the ER or the hospital at least 1 or 2 times a week ever since then.First trip to Butler VA emergency and they were unable to insert a cathater in me.They put me in an ambulance and sent me to Butler Memorial Hosp.They got a cathater in and sent me home.One week later at Butler Va for checkup they sent a camera up there and said OH shi_ and made appt at Pgh. VA for 2 weeks later.Put another cathater in and sent me home.One week later back to ER so sick I couldn't stand up,now a bad urinary infection.Finally then the Pgh. VA last Thursday for a biopsy of the badly enlarged prostate gland I have.They suspect I have prostate cancer now but don't know til the 21rst at next appt.when biopsy results are back.

Are you all asleep yet.Ha Ha.

So anyway,I have still been staying active as possible,(it is hell playing golf with a cathater and a pee bag.) but I have been,also been painting the house a little at a time.I have had this damn thing in now for over a month already.

The good news is that the Ct scans show no new growth or spread yet,and the cancer in my lung and airway have not grown in the last 3 or 4 months.

Sorry to complain to you all but now you know how I am doing.Hopefully no more hospitals til the 21rst of this month at which time I will know what is in store.

Thanks to all of you for your concerns and caring.I will do a better job of keeping you informed.

Thanks for the update, Frank, and I'm glad to see the LC is in check.

As for the prostate, I can definitely relate. I have had my share of urinary catheters (no fun is right) and then some. Sorry you have to go thrugh this as well. I had prostate cancer 10 years ago and decided on external radiation. Because my prostate was enlarged, I had to follow that up with a "rotorooter" surgery so I could pee. Both radiation and surgery worked (I still have my prostate) and I had 6 years before the PSA (prostate specific antigen in the blood) began to rise again.

I chose radioactive seed implants that time, and have been fine since. Some other things I can talk with you about just between us guys, okay? Hang in there. I'm here for you. Don

Good grief, Frank. If I thought Don was a nonstop no-matter-what person, I think you are beating his record. He also was a Bud Lite man. Maybe we should all start drinking Bud Lite and eating chocolate donuts. I'm beginning to think that's the prescription for stamina.

You go big guy! At least you don't have to take a break on the golf course to go pee. :wink:

Keep it up, Frank. You're in it for the long haul!

How's Connie doing through all this? God bless her. I'm sure she means everything to you right now. Any chance you could get her to sign on here and talk to us a little bit? We would love to talk to her. If not, I hope she does have someone to talk to and isn't trying to get through this all alone because caregivers need love and support, too.

Love you, Frank!

Peggy

Oh that's what that wise crack was about with Eppie's neurotic couch-chewing pup!

If it makes you feel any better, Frank, I was catheterized last week too. Camera and all that business... Yikes! :cry: I would rather have lung surgery again, I think.

Glad you're getting watched on, but sorry all this excitement has been going on.

Thanks for the update!

Cindi o'h

Frank,

I've always known you to be full of pis_ and vinegar, but you didn't have to take it literally!

I hope you find something that works and very soon. None of what you've posted sounds fun at all, hope you get through all that soon and move on to being Bud Lite man with a chocolate doughnut in his hand again SOON!

I'm tellin' ya, all that should just annoy the pis_ right out of you!

xxoo,

Becky

Frank,

I'm sorry for your recent troubles but I sure do admire your attitude about all of this. I hope you get out and enjoy the summer and can stay away from those hospitals for a while.....

Best of luck to you,

Cindy

Sorry you've been poorly and I hope the prostate thing gets resolved soon, my hubby didn't like the catheter either - he complained more about that the actual surgery to remove his prostate.

Keep on doing what you've been doing all this time, attitude is everything.

Geri

Hey Frank!!!!

No new growth or spread............well at least THAT part is good news. For all the rest....I agree with the hospital personnel 'oh sh$#' Boy, Fred and I are sorry to hear about all your trips since early June. For sure we will be hoping you get some resolution to all this prostate stuff an the sooner the better. Fred has had his prostate watched since last summer. We are all on the 'watch and wait' program here.........even Teddy, the dog for Lyme disease. Anyhow, Fred is having a biopsy on the 17th. Too bad you guys can't be rooommates, huh? Now THAT would be TROUBLE!!!

We're thinking of you all the time, Frank. Don't keep everyone guessing, ya hear. We all love ya and wanna know the entire scoop...............pee bag and all!!!!

Love,

Kase

Frank,

Thanks for the update. You need to know that we care and want to be here for you. Sounds like you've been put through it and who would've known by your posts. Yes, I noticed that there weren't as many, but it has always amazed me at the stamina you have had. Just know that we care and we are here for you and as Peggy says, we are here for Connie too . Both of you and your family have my prayers that this prostate problem will be easily resolved and the rest will stay stable or better yet, disappear.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Frank,

For future reference, when they say drink fluids- it usually refers to water and not the Bud Light. I am very glad to hear the cancer is not progressing. Hopefully the kidney issue will resolve soon. Hang in there and keep working on those projects.

Rochelle

BUMMER!!! :roll::roll::evil:

Sorry to hear your having these problems. I'm just going to hope that all is okay come the 21st.

I am glad to hear you have NO GROWTH otherwise! :D:D That should call for a drinky-pooh! :wink: OR a flush, what ever you want to call it.

Glad to hear your staying busy and trying to keep your mind busy. What ever works!!!!

Hey, Frank, hope it's just BPH and you just need a roto-rooter procedure. I'll let Don tell you all about that one!

My Dad had prostate ca and opted for 4 months of Lupron followed by nerve-sparing prostatectomy. Worked well for him, though he did get melanoma later (not related apparently to the prostate ca).

So, even if the news is not good, know that we're all here for you, and there are many successful options for treatment!

Frank,

I'm glad that the cancer in your lung and airway has not spread. THAT is great news.

Hope you hear soon on the other. In the meantime, glad you can still play golf. Perhaps you can get a caddy to carry your clubs, your balls and your pee bag (I have to admit I'm sitting here giggling at this visual).

I would have posted earlier but I didn't want to be the first one to make a pee bag joke. :wink::lol:

Hope this week brings you great golf weather...