I miss you Dad

shaw324

I just lost my father on June 8, of this year. He was diag in Jan of this year, and was under hospice care the last couple of months. I was by his side the last couple of months taking care of him with my mother who had been divorced from him for over 23 years. I don't know what I would have done without her. Im so glad they were still friends. The pain is so intense some days and overwhelming. Father's Day was so hard, I felt so lost. Some day's are ok and others it hits me like a ton of brick's I will just start crying out of now where. I miss his so much!!! :cry:

Lisa,

I'm so very sorry about your Dad. I know the pain seems overwhelming at times and will just "creep up" at the most unexpected moment. It doesn't feel like it now, but the old adage "time heals all wounds" is true. But it does take time. You then begin remembering the good times instead of the way you lost your parent. The suffering they went through will never leave you, but it gets superceded by the wonderful memories of times together.

Hoping for healing for you.

Welthy

I know what you are going through. I lost my father on May 14, 2006, 2 days before my birthday. It seems now that it will never get easier, but it does. At this point in your grieving the pain and loss is so intense it is overwhelming. It definately is hard, but the pain becomes dulling and not continuous as it is in the beginning. It is there all the time, but is not primary. The love takes over. Each day is hard, but you get through it a little stronger.

God bless you and your family.

CAthy

Lisa,

I am so so sorry to read your post. You stay strong, and I am so glad that you have your mom as a friend and as support. Eternal rest be granted unto him oh Lord, and may Your perpetual light shine upon him always.

God bless,

Jen