Good News!

daggiesmom

Well, went to the dr. today for my six month check up and all went well. I've lost 7 lbs, on purpose, kind of :wink::wink: Been trying to watch what I eat, even though I was on vacation. Basically, I've been feeling well. I do have pain in the area where they operated. It's a weird kind of pain, sometimes totally numb and sometimes painful if I move a certain way. The doctor seemed to indicate that that was normal. It will take maybe more time for the nerves to "wake up" and healing to continue. That's ok, I can deal with that. I don't have to go back or have CAT scans again until December.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still not sure when you start counting "Suvivor" miles - with me, I started feeling sick in July of 2001. But I wasn't diagnosed till April of '02. So I'm either a 4 1/3 year survivor or a 5 year suvivor. Anyway, it's good. I hope it gives others hope that this CAN be survived. I know God has blessed me, and I am so grateful for that. I see so many people here who have been thru so much and I truly am hopeful that many of them will be posting under the "Good News" forum along with me. Thanks for listening to me. I love this place!

Joanie ((()))

The Important thing is you are a survivor not a victim. Glad to hear some good news today glad you are doing as ok as ok can be.

Congratulations Joanie..

I have the same problem. Dr told me there was a spot on my lung in January, wasn't operated on till June. I count mine from June, only because I don't want to jinx myself by counting from the earlier date (okay, somehow this makes sense to me :roll: )

Anyway, this is great news, however long it is!! :)

First I have to say I LOVE what Don said! GOOD ONE DON! :wink:

Then I have to say, you pick what ever date works for you.

I go from when they removed my lung and that was July. They found the mass in April. But they really didn't know what that mass was until July.

None the less, this is GREAT NEWS!

CONGRATULATIONS!! (((((JOANIE)))))

Either way, this is such GREAT NEWS! You truly are an inspiration to those dealing with the 'sticker shock' of statistics, or those who are plodding through, wondering if the tx makes a difference.

It's Happy Dance time! I'll be sure to share your story with mom today--going in for her first round of chemo--she is always inspired by Good News from this board.

:) Kelly

Oh Joanie...This is such good news! I have said more prayers for you than you will ever know!!! You're just a super-duper person that deserves this very special kind of news! I'm right here in your corner...always cheering you on!!!

xonuo1.gif

Celebrate all of the dates! You just made me a new date to celebrate! I have celebrated years since diagnosis, years since surgery, years since finishing treatment. Now I have a reason to add the summer to my schedule of celebrations for it was a while before I thought the shoulder and chest pain was bad enough to even go to the doctor. Although celebrating a symptom seems very different but it may work.

So happy for you.

Donna G