Damn damn damn

They did the mega blast of radiation to mom's scapula yesterday and as far as I know, she is coming home today.

She is due to have another MRI in about 2 weeks and see the neurosurgeon then.

We have the transportation figured out finally. Her PCP said he'd write orders when she has Dr. appointments to take mom on a stretcher, so I guess that means no more falling on the van floorboard.

I feel so bad for my mom. This is what her life is, but she wants to live so badly. I hope that she gets her wish.

Therapy will probably be on hold for a while bc of the vertebroblasty, but that's OK bc mom refuses to allow Paige the 100 lb. therapist to come back anyway bc she swears the fractures were caused by Paige using all of her might to pull mom up with the gait/gate belt. She's probably right bc the fractures were at T-9 and T-11, exactly where the belt was placed. It is not Paige's fault. Maybe the insurance is right and mom is not appropriate for therapy, I don't know. I just know that mom is Rocky and I want to help her have any kind of independence possible.

If mom comes home today, I have promised them both a steak dinner and SF as many beers as he wants. He has been at the hospital with mom all week, even stayed all night. I am not sure what caused the change of heart. I am just hoping they are closer bc of her being at home. They have argued of course the whole time, but he is there nonetheless.

I love you guys. I do I do I do. me

So glad mom is on her way home again, Lori. Got to this thread late: it's just been, well, a hectic week and I haven't had the time to post much.... is mom's pain gone with the "spine cement" or has that happened yet? What does the doc. say about the slurred speech you mentioned?

Glad transportation is working out -- stretcher sounds best and will be most comfortable for your mom. And glad SF is coming around to being there for your mom. Not too sure about a therapist lifting your mom with one of those belts (is it just the one that goes around the waist?) -- doesn't sound safe or appropriate, if it is, in your mom's mobility condition.

Keep us posted.

Hugs,

Linda

Mom is home as of tonight. Got her showered with minimal pain. The bone cement worked well, mega blast of radiation is over and we are happy once again. Thanks for being here for panic mode.

Yes Linda, the type that goes around her waist. Well, it would move up too. I hope you are doing well.

I am way tired and heading upstairs for bed.

Love, me