Side Effect-Restless Legs

ursol

Please make it stop...I have a side effect from the anti-nausea medication. I have stopped taking it today after the Dr. told me it probably is from the Compazine. They will be giving me Atavan instead. My legs are killing me, I cannot stand this, it's like really bad restlessness.

Ask your doctor about the drug "Requip". Of course, the medication also comes with side effects, it all seems to become an endless circle...

I don't have restless legs, but try to sleep with someone who does. :roll:

OMG, I had RLS too. It's awful! :x I agree with Becky on the Reqiup, however there is another drug, but I can't think of the name of it. Talk to you doctor. If I think of the drug I'll reply.

Hang in there kiddo, this isn't always an easy road but it is doable.

There is also a home remedy for leg cramps at night that is said to help with restless legs too. Now I know this sounds bizarre, but I read it and John tried it for leg cramps and it works. You place a bar of soap (not Dove) under your fitted sheet at night near the foot of the bed around your legs. The other day in the Dr. Gott column, someone wrote in and said it also helped them with their RLS- so try it and see.

You might also check and see if they are giving you benadryl. Only about .1% of the population has a reaction but guess what, that's what is does to you. I had benadryl by accident the first time and was jumping for about 8 hours. After that no benadryl in the pre-meds and I was fine.

Ralph