Peace

KatieB

My daddy is gone.

He fought until the very last labored breath he took...then he smiled at us and left this world peacefully. I never left his side.

He beat cancer afterall...it can no longer cause him pain, suffering, or heartache.

I am numb now, so much pain that I am numb. The worst for me, I know, will come after the arrangments are completed and I am alone, and dad won't be here to talk to, or hug.

:cry:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Katie,

You are strong enough to get through this and all of your friends are here for you. I am glad your father is at peace and you are right, he did beat this afterall, and you gave him the final ultimate gift of yourself and your love. I hope that you will also find peace soon.

Jenny

Dear Katie,

What an inspiration you have been to us all. God will give you the

strenght to get through this greiving. You've alway prayed for so many

and he knows what a wonderful daughter you have been. This is such

frightful disease. Your dad was happy when he left this world. I'm sure

God is rewarding him with eternal peace. He raised a wonderful, dedicated daughter. Everyone on this board is included in my prayers.

Keep us posted as to how you and your mom are doing.

God Bless You both,

Marsha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Age 61, dx 12/01 Stage 11B Adenocarcinoma NSCLC. Had right lung

removed 1/02. No follow up treatment. 4/02 spread to lymph nodes.

Stage IV - 6 chemo treatments, Taxol/Carboplating beginning 5/15/02

ending 8/28/02, July, 03 2 brain mets, one removed surgically, the other

gamma knife and 15 whole head radiations.

Dearest Katie

I am so sad that Jesse is gone but I am happy that he is at last at peace. He was a strong man and put up a heroic fight but he is now in a better place, free from pain and disease. May God comfort you and ease you through the coming days and months. You were the best daughter anyone could have ever had in this world, you did everything humanly possible for him and that should bring you peace, you did your absolute best, no one could do more. My prayers and thoughts are with you now and will be in the future.

Your Friend

Bess B

Sweet Katie,

Allow me to express my deepest sympathies on the loss of your father, Jesse. His fight with cancer, explained through your eyes, was a brave and miraculous one. Jesse lived longer than the docs thought he would...and truly won against this dreaded disease.

I am praying for you and your family.

Love

Laura

Im so sorry to hear of the news. I havent been on here as much as i would like to be and it breaks my heart terribly to hear of this news. You are a beautiful person so giving and so caring... your father is also. You are stong and have to remind your self but also know that he is still with you at all times and will always be by your side. I will pray for God to comfort you and your family through this tough time. God Bless you Katie

Christy

Oh Katie -

I wish I was there to hold your hand thru all this pain - I guess we'll have to leave that up to Rick.

You truly were a wonderful daughter, and can rest knowing that he left this world knowing how dearly you loved him - some people don't get, or take, that opportunity.

You, your mom, your son and Rick are all getting some extra prayers,

Hugs,

SandyS

Katie, I am so sorry for your loss, but I know that Jessie fought the good fight to the end. How lucky you are to have had such a wonderful father and what a lucky man to have such a loving and generous daughter. Your dad will be at your side fo the rest of your life and you will feel him with you often. My deepest condolences to you and Rick and your mom and the rest of your family. You are always in our prayers.

Annie

Katie and Rick, I am so saddened at the news. But I am also glad that Jessee is now in a peaceful, painfree place. He fought the good fight and so did you guys. Take heart in that. You both made Jessee so real to us, and we have all lost a friend. Let us know what we can do for you two in the coming days, weeks, etc. We all love you. In God's grace, Don

Katie, Ricky, and Family,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your much loved Father, Jesse. I am so very sorry that this world has lost such a wonderful man. Please know that you have my prayers for peace and strength in the days ahead. And that there are many of us who know what you will be facing, who want to be there for over the long haul.

Love,

Fay A.

Katie I am so sorry for your loss. Please remember that Jessie will listen to your petitions. His memory will always be with you. I pray that he is in the arms of our Savior and has found peace. Donna G

Katie,

I, like everyone else, am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. He is now at peace, and I hope for peace for you and your family. Every father should have a daughter like you--I am sure that he, your mother, and the rest of the family have always felt blessed to have you.

Please take care and know that your father no longer feels pain...

Katie

So very very sorry to hear about your Dad. You were wonderful to him thoughout this cancer fight and he knew it. Boy, did he beat the doctor's prognosis!! -- because of his will to fight and having you at his side. You will always know that you did everything that you could, you took care of him, you protected him and most of all, you showed an extraordinary love for him. In time the wonderful memories of your Dad will help ease your pain.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time.

Gail

Dearest Katie and Rick,

I am so sorry for the loss of your daddy/ Jesse. Cancer is so unfair. I pray the Our Heavenly Father will hold you in his arms as you begin this journey that we call grief.

You have done so much for others and I pray that you will be blessed. I will forever remember the picture of Katie and her dad.

Thinking of you, Shelly

Oh Dear Katie,

My heart goes out to you. Your father did beat this demon and he fought courageously. And what a source of strength and support you were to him. This will never be forgotten. You have taught us all what hope and love can accomplish. You and your family are in my prayers. I am wishing you some peace during this very difficult time. I wish I could say something to take away the pain and loneliness, but I know only time can do this. God be with you on this long journey.

Dear Katie,

We share your loss of Jessie. What a courageous man! He had a career as a valiant soldier and took on his battle with cancer with that same fortitude! Your Dad was so very poud of you. I can see it in his eyes in the picture posted. You have done so much to bring comfort to so many people. Please let us comfort you now and let us know if there is anything that you need.

Cheryl and Jack