Guest fight4dan Posted July 17, 2006 Share Posted July 17, 2006 I just wanted to give an update. My husband countinues to remain in Buffalo with his father. The days are long and my husband and MIL are at the hospital from morning until night. I guess my FIL was asleep for 3 hours today and they stayed at the hospital by his bedside. My husband stated that his mother would feel guilty if she left. My husband and MIL are currently not working. From what I have been told, my FIL is eating less everyday and is becomming only weaker. My husband wrote a letter to the doctor that hopefully he should recieve in the AM, demanding that my FIL be moved to Roswell Park Cancer Institute. I faxed all of your wonderful comments, suggestions and encouragement to my husband at the hospital today. My husband was pleased and this gave him the push to demand that his father be moved. However my husband said, "I just don't want to have false hope in all of this". I just don't know how to act anymore. Should I be preparing myself for the worst. I don't know how to feel or what to say to my husband or MIL. This is a father and a husband that may very well be dying. How should I act and how do I tell my husband that he needs to somehow move on with his life. I know that he has guilt, due to the fact that we live in san Diego and my FIL is in Buffalo. My husband wants me to go on stress leave (workers comp) so that I am acessible to the family during this time or crisis. I was trying to explain that this type of decision may be premature and he was having a hard time understanding this. I am sorry to vent to you all and ramble on, perhaps I am in the wrong message board. Tell me if I should be expressing these concerns elsewhere. Thank you all. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.