Relay for life Adrian, Michigan

Sheri

I've talked my Dad into the survivors walk. We would love to meet up with other survivors if they are near. I do plan to distribute material at the event (thanks Katie :)) and do what I can for lung cancer awareness. Maybe it will make a difference in our 90,000 person community and bring support to many.

Event Information

Description

24 Hour Relay for Life celebration of hope, progress and answers. A fun-filled overnight activity that mobilizes communities across the country to celebrate survivorship, remember those who lost their lives to cancer, and raise money for the fight against cancer. This is an American Cancer Society signature activity. It is handicapped accessible and will take place rain or shine.

No dogs, no bicycles, rollerblades, tobacco and no alcohol

Start date and time

7/21/2006 6:00:00 PM

End date and time

7/22/2006 6:00:00 PM

Agenda

Opening Ceremony -5:45pm

Victory/Survivor Lap - 6:00 pm

Luminaria Ceremony - 9:00pm

Closing Ceremony -5:30 pm

Additional Information

Luminarias light the path of hope and may be purchased for $15 each through the ACS office, team or on site at the event .

Intended Audience

ACS Staff,Cancer Patients,Cancer Survivors,Family and Caregiver,General Public,General

Languages spoken at this event

English

Appropriate attire

Casual

Location and Contact Information

Christian Family Centre

1800 West US 223

Adrian, MI 49221

Additional Information

US 223 from the north and south to the Christian Family Centre. Crossroads (North) is Wolf Creek Hwy. (South) is Sand Creek Hwy.

Contact

Cynthia Pepple

Phone

(866) 307-4673

Email

cynthia.pepple@cancer.org

Registration Information

Registration deadline

7/21/2006 6:00:00 PM

Cost/registration fee

None

Hmmm, English is used at this event (We are north of the Ohio border, it should have been a given :wink:).

Survivors can be registered up until the day of the event. It would be great to meet some of you there! My daughter will be out there all night and would welcome any additional volunteer walkers. Please PM if you can make it on such short notice...