Bookmark (picture edited)

stand4hope

I'm working with two pastors at my church to start a grieving ministry and I am incredibly excited about it. I have done just a preliminary design of a bookmark that I hope we will use to offer to funeral homes to set in a pretty basket near the guest register for people to take one.

Not only is it "preliminary", but it's also very amateur, and I'm sure (if they accept the idea), the finished product will be quite different. I just wanted to get something in front of them so they could "feel" my idea. It worked. As my Don would have said, "They are on it like a duck on a June bug." :lol: One of them wrote back to me and said, "This is a GREAT idea. I want to help make this happen." I am so happy and excited about this! :D:D:D

A great big THANK YOU to cindy0519 for posting the poem called "Don't".

If the title on the front side is too small to read on your screen, it says "Don't know what to say?" Remember, I'm not an artist, so this is very amateur, but what do you think?

TPCCBookmarksmaller.jpg

For larger view, click this link: http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/ ... okmark.jpg

Love,

Peggy

Hi Peggy....

I think it's a wonderful idea to get involved the way you are...beside's that...I'm sure you will be helping many people go thru the grieving process..and for sure it will help you... by helping them

Good luck to you and God Bless

hugs..PamS.

Peggy....You are so clever to come up with this idea! I know this will help so many people who just don't know what to say when someone has lost a loved one. I'm so very proud of you! You have found such a wonderful way to turn your grief into something that will mean so much to so many! I know Don is proud.

Peggy,

I LOVE IT! And agree with others - you should be very proud of yourself!

A word of "caution" about using the poem.... I wonder about copyright issues. I don't profess to know a ton on this subject but do know that it is a VERY touchy subject these days and might be worth looking into.

My initial thought is that since you will not be "selling" the bookmarks that it is ok..but you never know just reprinting it might be enough to create issues. I think if it were something I was involved with I would try to contact the author (maybe through the magazine referenced) and seek her permission to reprint the poem. I would venture to guess that once you tell her what you are using the poem for she will be more than happy to give you some type of permission to use the poem legally -without charge.

Again -- please don't take as a show stopper! I think this is VERY doable and a VERY VERY worthy project. I would just feel more comfortable if you spent some time looking at the copyright issues that may be involved.

God Bless you Peggy, you are doing a marevelous thing!

Cindy

Thank you, Cindy. I've already written to and received the proper disclaimer to use on the bookmark - it just doesn't appear on the sample yet. Thanks for bringing that up, though. It is always very important to check before printing something like that.

The picture is from Microsoft, so I haven't checked with them yet. I'm waiting because we may use a different picture, or even a picture from people in our congregation.

Thanks again! And if you didn't see it, I added a link where you can see the bookmark a little larger:

For larger view, click this link: http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/ ... okmark.jpg

Love,

Peggy

Should have known you were two steps ahead of me. I think it is simply AWESOME Peggy!

As far as the picture goes -- if you don't end up using one from other memembers of your church, look into getting a "royalty free" picture off the web. There are several websites where you can buy the right to use a picture for a very reasonable price (even as low as a couple of dollars).

Keep us up to date on your progress, I for one would LOVE to see the final version.

Cindy