Stage IIIB, 42 yr old nonsmoker

Hi, I was diagnosed April 28, 2006 with Stage IIIB nsclc, with pleural effusion malignancy. I am doing better, except for shortness of breath. Just finished 9 chemo treatments, getting ready to start radiation in August. Saw good results with ct scan recently. The pleural fluid is almost all gone and the tumor has shrunk almost in half. Praising God daily for this! I have a good support group. I am the mother of 3 boys, ages 19, 17 and 12. My husband has been wonderful. I know that with God, all things are bearable. Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Hi Betty. welcome. Glad to hear you have responded Well so far to your treatment! Good news!

boy when I saw your handle I thought of a nurse I know at work. All her scrubs are covered with Betty Boop. She is such a fan! Do you wear Betty Boop clothes also? Keep us posted.

Donna G

Thanks for the welcome! When I was diagnosed, our local doctors didn't give me much time. Wake Forest Baptist Hospital gave me a little more time (5 yr) but my close friend who is our family physician told me that if the chemo/rad. can get me to remission he felt like I would have a healing. I am going with his diagnosis. I love to hear survivor stories. I know there have to be so many more out there that we don't know about. My friend sent me a little saying and I would like to share it with you all. "Everyday, in everyway, I am getting better and better". When emotionally low, I try to say this out loud over and over.

Betty

Hi Betty,

Glad to hear your treatment is working well for you. Prayers going out to you for continued good news. Curious to know what your chemo was.

I love your attitude, it will take you very far. Please continue to let us know how you're doing.

Tracy

welcome to the Club Betty. If you are at Wake Forest you must be near winston Salem. Corect? I am in GReensboro so we are neighbors I think. If you need anything PM Me here i check in frequently and am great for helping in research problems or Info.

Call 1-800-LUNG-usa ask For Susan For NC Lung Cancer License plate. 42.00 per year with funds for research and education on Lung Cancer to North Carolina Lung association. Sending Prayers and Let me know if I can help any.