I keep thinking I cant believe this, but I can

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, Lori. Let your Mama know that we're all praying for her right now and hoping for that miracle too.

I am also going to pray for you guys to have some really good, sweet days--that you get everything that needs to be said, said no matter what happens.

We're here for you, lady. We are.

love,

Val

Lori,

Be there as much as you can for your mom, no one and I mean no one knows exactly what will happen for sure. The most important thing is that she doesn't have any pain, that was always the one thing I told my dad, no I promised my dad with all my heart he wouldn't have any pain, he didn't for the most part, but just to be around family was the most important thing, even the littlest of things, watching TV, drinking a cup of coffee together, or just sitting down next to each other, those are the moments that matter. Your mom has a great attitude, she's a fighter, thats a good thing. I pray that you all are going to be alright, please keep us updated, you got many here who care about you and your mom.

Grace

Lori,

My heart breaks for you--This is such a horrible time in your life. I also found this time to be a blessing-to be able to go through this transition with a loved one. Looking back now, (it has only been 6 weeks) a lot of things were said between the two of us. That doesn't mean I miss or love her less, I just know beyond a shadow of doubt, that she is still with me, but is no longer suffering. I feel more at peace and I hope and pray that you are able to feel the same way. Take each day as it comes, sometimes it is down to the minutes, and enjoy your time. Please let me know if I can do anything from far away!!! I also have a SF who was difficult, so I totally understand.

Prayers and Hugs

Connie

(((((((((Lori))))))))))

I am so heart broken for you after reading your posts. Just remember that we are here for you and will be with you every step of the way through this journey. I am so glad you and your Mom are able to talk about this openly. I am praying for a miracle come your way. You have been so good to your Mom during her illness. I know how much she loves you and appreciates you being there for her.

I am so sorry Lori. Please know that you are in my prayers. I think you are and have been exactly the daughter your mother loves and wants you to be. You are great with her. May you have some more happy times and as little pain as possible.

Nina

Dear, sweet Lori,

Never, never doubt the huge role you have played in your mother's cancer journey. You've been her tireless advocate and your love shows through clear as day. You are the best daughter any mother could ask for; be assured of that. You've played your role with such moxie I stand in awe of you!

You will doubtless have second thoughts or even guilt about the decisions you've made on your mother's behalf. Let this be your mantra: "I did the best I could with the information I had at that time."

It's so easy for us to second-guess our decision-making process with the clear vision of hindsight, but it serves no useful purpose. Steer clear of that junk!

Hospice is not the same as giving up! It IS all about making the transition to the next stage in our existence as peaceful as possible. It is so heart-wrenching to go through, yet so wonderful and even beautiful at the same time.

I was (and still am) honored to have had the opportunity to care for my mom in her final days.

Peace and strength to all of you during this time.

~Karen

Lori,

So sorry, words cannot express. You are a wonderful daughter so please take some comfort in knowing you have done everything you could to help your Mom during this time. This will hold you in good stead for the upcoming days.

Welthy

Oh Lori,

I am so, so sorry. I have been gone and I missed this post. I am just so sorry. As I have said a million times, you are a wonderful, wonderful daughter. You have done so much and you mother can be so proud. I pray that God grants you the courage and the strength to make it through this latest part of the cancer journey. Dear Lord, please bless Lori and her family with strength, courage, and hope. I pray that you grant them peace during this terrible time, and as always I ask that you grant a miracle.

God bless,

Jen

Hi Sweetie,

There are no words I feel I can say to comfort you. Your mom is so brave and a beautiful lady. I remember when she went to that concert. That seems so long ago. I feel much of her hanging on had so much to do with you. You were with her every step of the way, giving her the encouragement she needed.

Hospice will be a help to you as they are very caring and extremely helpful to get everyone through this. I do believe in miricles and I am pray for one for your mom.

I am glad she was able to tell you how much she appreicated all you have done for her. That is Priceless!!

I am so sorry Lori, I have tears streaming down my face as I know how hard she has faught and she is still fighting. I hate this friggin monster :evil: for what it does to people.

Post and vent all you want, that is what we are hear from.

Love ya

Maryanne

Lori,

You are a true "mama's baby girl", and the bond between you and your mom is great! I pray that God makes you strong and able to care for her and that hospice will offer you the much needed emotional support. We are all here for you also, anytime you want to vent.

Michelle