A Frank L. Update 7/23/2006

Frank Lamb

Hi everyone.Got the results back from prostate biopsy.No evedence of cancer,however my prostate is in pretty bad shape.I will need open surgery on it and it has been set up for Sept 14th providing a meeting of the urologist,uncoligist,and thoracic surgeon deems it safe to operate on me.As of now they are not sure it is a good idea to operate due to my having only one cancer infected lung along with the cancer that spread to my airway.(not sure they can put a breathing tube in me or not).

A portion of the prostate needs removed.If open surgery is not an option then they are going to consider a rotorooter job which they say is also a concern for safety becauce I already had that years ago and they are sure there is lots of scar tissue there.

They will need to replace my ongoing cathater on Aug 8th and give me a voiding test at that time.If I can take a good squirt when they remove this one I will be able to go with out the cathater until surgery.If I'm unable to take a good squirt then they will put another one in there :( .

So for the time being it is me and my shadow(cathater).Since June 6th until hell freezes over I suppose. :x

Jeesh Frank...

Well, if there is good news in any of this, at least the results came back no cancer!! That said, I hear your frustration loud and clear and know how annoying that cathetar can be.

My only advice is to drink like a 12 pack of Bud Lite on the way to your voiding test on the 8th. (Do they really call it voiding these days?)

Other than that, my thoughts are up there in spirit in PA with both you and Connie, and I'm sending all my good wishes as always. I'm sure your doctors will make the right decision on what to do and that you will come through whatever procedure they choose, with flying colors. You are, after all, FRANK LAMB, with all caps!!

Oh Frank, so glad for those results. You will get through this like you do so gallantly with everything that is thrown your way, and there certainly has been plenty.

But that damn catherer.... UGH......... :cry: that has to be so frustrating. I pray along with so many others then they go to remove it, you take a great wiz... :D

Maryanne :wink:

Phew FRANK, good news on the biopsy results but the pits on the whizzing thingy.

Can't they do the surgery with an epidural instead of a general? Geez if they can deliver babies with one, I mean your prostate is in the same general area isn't it........that way you can listen to the whole thing!

Good luck with the whizz test - don't forget to whistle!!!

Geri

I'm glad the tests came back no cancer on the prostate!!!!! I know there is a long road ahead yet. I'm so sorry you're going thru it all.

I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending loads of positive thoughts that things go well and you get the catheter gone.

BIG hugs, and hugs,

love,

k

I am glad you checked in. I had the same thought as Geri on the epidural. If people have C-sections while awake should be able to do something on you. I think they have ways to do this without general anesthesia-- I have heard of elderly people having gall bladders removed while awake--so ask about it. I am glad it wasn't cancer--and hope you can lose your buddy soon.

Rochelle

Well Frank :wink: !

You KNOW both Fred and I have had you on our minds. Sounds like an avenue you would rather stay away from and am sorry you find yourself there. No cancer is GOOD, but whatever it is ~~ is Bad. We are sorry and maybe we'll talk soon if you are up to it. Fred could use a little pep talk himself, ya know?

Love,

KAse

Frank,

I hope you can lose your shadow soon. Its good about the cancer but the surgery does not sound like fun. I agree about the epidural. Ask about it anyway. Can't hurt to ask. Bless your heart are you still playing golf? Are you taking antibiotics to keep out infection?

Thanks for letting us know. Keeping you in my prayers.

Nina

Frank,

You always have such a great attitude.

I'm so happy to hear the news.....no cancer.

I hope the doctors can make the decision for you easy and you'll be on the road to recovery very soon.

In the meantime, chin up. We'll keep the bar stocked with Bud Lite just for you!!

Oh yea, and the chocoate doughnuts too. Can't forget them!! :D

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

Frank,

So very happy to hear there was no cancer in the prostate. I sure hope you are able to pass your squirt test. I continue to keep you in prayer.

Hiiii Frank...I was asking for you from my pc..."nonni on the pc.. pistoltart" from the webtv...case you don't know who I am... lol

Neway...what the heck is going on...geezzz is right...Like Debi said..the great part...it is not cancer...I'm sure with all your doc's putting their heads together...they will make the right decision...In the meantime...keep up with the Bud and the donuts...good for the soul.....hugs...PamS.

Hiiii Frank...I was asking for you from my pc..."nonni on the pc.. pistoltart" from the webtv...case you don't know who I am... lol

Neway...what the heck is going on...geezzz is right...Like Debi said..the great part...it is not cancer...I'm sure with all your doc's putting their heads together...they will make the right decision...In the meantime...keep up with the Bud and the donuts...good for the soul.....hugs...PamS.

Good Luck on the test Frank.

I agree with the others,you would think the epidural would be a great idea for this type of op. Maybe it would depend on the length of time the operation would take though. Will be thinking of you. Paddy