Hundreds of Ways

It seems that whenever someone we love dies, we wish we could tell them one more time that we love them. I know I've felt that way. I was thinking about this the other day, determined to make sure Mom (and everyone in my family) knows I love her/them. I realized that, as family, friends and caregivers, there are hundreds of way we show our love:

*phone calls

*emails--just for fun!

*sending funny cards

*listening

*renting a movie to watch with them

*taking them for drives

*doing their dishes

*filling the car up with gas and giving it a wash

*going with them to the grocery store, and carrying stuff in

*rubbing lotion into that Tarceva-scaled back

*laughing

*sweeping the floor

*looking at old pictures

*driving to appointments

I guess my point is, we all show our loved ones in many ways that we love them. I'm sure you have your own to add to the list! Maybe we don't give ourselves enough credit. It's not that I don't intend to tell Mom that I love her, but our actions speak loudly...I know that she knows I do.

Just my ramblings for today...

:) Kelly

Great post, Kelly. There are so many little things that mean so much. I know that we can often overlook just how very important these things mean. Dennis always loved to go fishing. I can't tell you how many days we spent fishing after he was diagnosed. The two of us would spend the entire day in the boat, doing more talking than fish catching. Although that was a little thing to do, it was so important to him. It was something he loved to do and was still able to do. I think it made him feel "normal" again. I wouldn't take a million dollars for the memories that we made on that river!

Every night when Alan goes to bed I lay next to him

for a few minutes and we just hold eachother. We express how blessed we both are for having eachother

in our lives. I then tell him how much I love him.

we both agree this is the best part of our day.

I haven't been posting much lately. Mostly lurking. Things are good!

Parents off to visit my sister and her family for a few weeks! I feel like I get time off too! I am not a hardcore caregiver of either parent because they are both doing well but I feel the need to spend alot of time at their house. Which leaves me conflicted in several ways. I won't get into all that though!

I hope you're all doing well!!

Kelly :D