Impressed

cindi o'h

Every now and then a bible verse or just a part of the verse pops into my head and like the lyrics to a song that gets stuck, this verse will repeat itself over and over. The only difference is that it is not annoying like the tune to Mary had a little lamb..

While I was going through treatment, this happened quite often and I would contemplate the beauty of the verse.

Today the words that come to me are, "The Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh Away".

I don't even know how this was used or in what context.

Cindi o'h

Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

-- Job 1: 20-21 (KJV)

The Book of Job presents several challenges and mysteries, among them who the "sons of God" are, what Satan's role is in the heavenly court, and why God takes up the dare from the Devil when he should already know the outcome. Whether to see for himself or only to prove to his "sons" Job's faith, God follows the Devils dare and destroys Job's livestock, servants, house, and family. But rather than curse God to his face as the Devil predicts he would, Job stoically notes that he was born with nothing ("naked") and is content to die with nothing; the Lord, after all, gave him all he has, and it was the Lord's right to take it away.

Thank you for that insight, Cindy.

It does make sense that I have been inspired with awe of the power and love from my creator.

How Great Thou Art!

Every breath, every movement, every moment in my life is a gift from Him.

Giveth.

Give.

I am very happy today to be reminded of His beauty and boundless Love for me. And to know that I am His child and He is my greatest protector and that when He does take me away from this life, that I will be joined in person with Him and His unfathomable Love for me.

Cindi o'h