Should I do a second cookbook?

Andrea

Should I do a "Second Tate of Hope" Cookbook?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I do a "Second Tate of Hope" Cookbook?

• a) Yes
    • b) No

The problem with an expansion is that it would only be good for those who have the original. A new version would be able to be given as gifts/sold to people who never had the first. The second version would have totally new recipes of course.

Well Andrea, if you decide to do another book, I'll definitely contribute some recipies this time. I don't know what I was thinking last time (in a fog, as usual!) I thought that these books would be a great donation to the Lung Cancer library that my Cancer Center runs. Around Christmas I plan on donating some, so I hope they'll be available then?

Hope you're feeling ok and Mom is doing well, too!

Joanie

I WOULD LOVE TO CONTRIBUTE AND HELP OUT. The Resident pastry Chef From Ruths Chris RandyW. Can NOT submit company recipes but have my own faves.

Thanks everyone for your comments!!

Brian had the same concerns about time, etc b/c last time I was stressing out a bit. However I believe this time things will go much smoother b/c hindsight is 20/20 as they say. This time I KNOW what I am doing. Last time, I had no clue :)

The first book did great, we laid out about $3,500 to publish it, quickly recouped it, and raised $3,000 profit for LCSC :) (I am rounding numbers)

And should I get pregnant my dad agreed to help with all the packing and trips to post office, etc.

I will definately be calling for volunteers once this gets underway.

I am off to the post office now to mail a shipment and will set up a new pobox.

Oh Andrea...I definitely say "YES"

I loved the first cookbook and so did all of my family that got a copy. I am so sorry that I wasn't able to contribute more recipes for the first one. In anticipation for a second cookbook, I have been copying recipes from my mom and grandmothers recipe books and am ready to send them to you at the drop of a hat!!! I will also be more than willing to help type recipes and/or proof them.

I think this is such a wonderful gesture on your part! But...only do this if you really feel up to it!

Andrea...just a thought. In the Just For Fun Forum, we have posted a lot of household hints and tips from time to time. Maybe those could be put in the back of the cookbook? I know I always love to read those little tidbits!

I too vote yes.

I would also contribute, but not sure exactly what. I have a few unique things that Keith loved (they were his secret recipies that he created) but not sure anyone but him would like them :oops: He had pretty unique tastes.

On the other hand, I don't really have any original recipies. I could contribute my favorites, but they may have copyright infringement from other cookbooks. Unless we are talking about cocktails, then I have recipies. 9 years as a bartender in my youth I've come up with some tasty brews that drop you on your butt.