Starting chemo tomorrow

TracyD

I received a call from my fellow at MGH last night at 8:30, she told me my brain MRI was all clear and that's it a go for chemo w/Avastin on friday morning. I' really nervous, but my wonderful Aunt Kasey is flying all the way from PA to sit with me and hold my hand (Isn't she the best?)!!

By the way, this is the same fellow who offered me watch and wait as a possilble treatment. Did I mention that when I spoke to her about my scans she told me that I would have to wait to get the results of my MRI until friday, that it could wait until treamtment day as the only difference would be wether or not I would get the Avastin? I told her then that I did not want to wait, and that I wanted to start chemo mentally prepared and that I did not want to wait until the morning of to find out that this thing might have gone to my brain. I would be a mess during chemo and I don't need that. I guess she got the message as she did call me. I thanked her up and down for calling and now I might have to rethink my feelings about her. She's bright, just really inexperienced.

So begins round #2.

Tracy

Tracey Sending PRayers for great results from this upcoming Round of chemo. So glad Aunt Kadey can make the flight with all she has on her plate right now and Happy that you have such a great spirit through all this. Let us know and always sending prayers from under the Carolina Blue Skies.

Flying out just after 4, Trace. See you sometime tonight???? Tomorrow AM.....not sure. Guess Dad and Mom will give me the word when I arrive. Can't wait to be with you.............wish we were just going to go shoppiing and to lunch though :cry: ..........darnitall.

Love ya!

Boy you have a great member in your supportive team, Kasey! Offering prayers that all goes smoothly and you also have fun with her visit. Keep us posted.

Donna G

That is so nice that Kasey is traveling out to be with you for your treatment. She really is something special isn't she?!!!

Sending prayers that the Avastin will be easy to tolerate and you'll be getting a visit from our friend NED!

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

Tracy - SO happy to hear the brain scan came back clear and that Kasey will be there to help you kick off round 2. Praying this treatment is not too difficult for you and that it's just what you need to kick the cancer to the curb.

As far as that fellow you've had issues with....I think you are helping her more than she is helping you. Keep being honest with her and telling her what is on your mind and think how many future patients you will be helping!

Good Luck! Karen

Tracy I just wanted to add my prayers to the many people who are praying this round of Chemo is the magic bullet for you. I think about you every day, and wish so strongly that you know the joy of NED.

Kasey, have a safe and pleasant trip, and know that I love you both!

God Bless

Carleen

I am so glad that Kasey is going to be there with you and for you. I have a very strong feeling that she is going to do more than hold your hand. I think she may check into a few things for you while she is there. PLEASE do drink lots of water while on chemo. Saying prayers and sending positive thoughts your way. Tell Kasey hello for me.

Such a wonderful aunt you have! I know she's a wonderful support system for you through all of this. Like Ginny said, it's good to know that you're an official member of the Empty Head Club. That's always a great organization to belong to. I am continuing to say prayers for you, Tracy. I just know that this chemo will kick that lc right in the butt!!!