Another First without Dad

jdjenkins

Today is my son's 9th birthday. It is the first one without Dad here to call him in the morning and sing Happy Birthday. Dominick had such a special relationship with Grandpa. They did so much together and are so much alike in many ways. Sometimes when I look at Dominick I can see my Dad. I know how badly my Dad wanted to live and watch him grow. I wasn't expecting this first to hurt so bad. You really never know when grief will hit you hard. Thanks for listening.

Denise

((((Denise))))

It just sucks... And seeing what our little ones will miss from now on just seems to be an extra hard punch in the gut.

Thinking of you, and hoping that you're little guy's birthday is special and that he knows that his grandpa is celebrating with him from heaven.

"jdjenkins"]You really never know when grief will hit you hard.

Denise

Isn't this the truth!! It sneeks up from out of no where when you least expect it ...and WHAM!! I understand :cry: ... I know for me it is especially hard to watch my children grieve, I'm sure it is no different for you.

Many hugs to you and Dominick -- hope you find time today to be kind to yourself in some small way too.

Wishing Dominicik a wonderful 9th birthday. I know grandpa is singing "Happy Birthday" from heaven.

Cindy

Denise, I am so sorry that today is so rough for you and your son. I will be saying prayers that you will be able to reminisse and find some very happy memories of your Dad to pass along to Dominick on this very special day. Happy Birthday Dominick!!!

Denise,

I am so sorry and I do understand. My dad has been gone 22 months now and the grief still comes and hits me hard. I think when you have someone you love so deeply there is always something so special missing in your life, and it hurts. My dad, like yours, was so loved by my kids. It always hurts me with special events in their life that dad never got to see. All I do know is we were so very lucky to have such special dads!

I hope Dominick had a special and happy birthday! I hope you were able to enjoy the day also. My thoughts are with you.

Diane

Denise,

At the end of next month it will be 1 year since my dad died. Sometimes when I don't think it hits me it does!!! Like today, I had a dream about my dad, don't remember what the dream was just my dad was in it....then talking with my husband about his cancer treatment vs. my dad and then bam! I lost it, cried and cried, wasn't expecting to react like that...I guess I needed it...my children miss their "Grampy" too, I tell them that he is watching over them....I hope your son had a good b-day...I know w/my children 8 and 11 if they wanted or want to talk about their grampy, they know they can anytime.

Grace