Now accepting recipes for "A Second Taste of Hope"

Andrea

Ladies and gentlemen,

We are beginning to collect recipes for a cookbook (second volume) to raise money for lung cancer :)

There are a few ways to contribue recipes:

1. Input the recipe yourself: Go directly to http://www.typensave.com/ Log in is: LCSCbook Password is: 3e3jm

2. E-mail your recipe to me at andreascheff@adelphia.net (or you can PM me)

3. Snail-mail your recipe to:

Andrea Scheff

PO Box 27124

Anaheim Hills, CA 92809-0104

Andrea,

I was dissapointed that I sent several recipes in for the last book and was told everyone that sent in recipes would have them in the book. My Brother's picture was in it which was most important to me. I did post after I recieved the book and said there was nothing in the book from me and no one acknowledged my post. My concern is that if the same thing is said for this book, that it is made sure that everyone that sends in a recipee or several as I did at least one was chosen and put in as promised.

God Bless,

Jane

I am sorry the recipes were not in there.

I had a team of volunteers help with the typing, editing, typing, proofing, etc. When dealing with so many recipes and so many different people, there is a chance for error.

All recipes that are sent to me will be put in the book. However I cannot make a 100% promise/guarantee to anyone that their recipes will appear b/c there is a 2% chance of error whether it be humanerror in inputting, or e-mail lost, or mail lost, etc.

I would say to everyone to put in as many recipes as you want, the more you put in, the more your name will appear.

Jane,

I'm sorry your recipes weren't in there, too. Don't know what could have happened to them. We didn't leave any out intentionally. I was one of the helpers Andrea was talking about. I hope you will resubmit them this time around and more. If you want, I will input them personally for you since I'm familiar with the software.

Looking forward to the next addition! Thanks for all you are doing, Andrea!

Oh.....I know some recipes got missed a few of mine did too, but oh well!!!! I also know it wasn't done intentionally. "To error is human"

I think the last cookbook was wonderful, and I think the new cookbook with more recipes and recipes that won't be forgotten will be a great cookbook.

Jane, maybe you could help as a volunteer with this cookbook, and then you'll know first hand your recipes make it in the book. :wink:

Thank you to ALL the wonderful volunteers that worked so hard to make our first cookbook a big hit! :D

I am so glad to hear that you're up to this project, Andrea. Please know that I will be volunteering my time and services. I have already asked a lot of friends and co-workers to share some of their wonderful recipes!

Ok- stupid question-- October 1st for submissions or October 1st for completion and going to print? The reason I ask is I am wondering if we will have them for Christmas/Hanukkah gifts again.

Also, I should be able to help in proof reading this year.

Ry , as usual you are very wise. I was driving to Vegas and I am like wait, I need recipes no later than end of Sept to make sure we get the book in time for the holidays!!!!! :):)

PLEASE SEND RECIPES!! No one sent any yet :)

Also, for those who volunteered, please PM me your e-mail address or e-mail it to andreascheff@adelphia.net

ALSO--I need a volunteer to put together a picture collage for the book, like we have in the first book. Whomever did the first one (I am not sure, Katie had it ready done) put the pics together in a Word doc

Connie,

I was not being critical of the people that put together the book. I was mearly saying I was dissapointed and didnt want others to be. I think I am old enough to know that to err is human! Just wondering ... are you volunteering??

God Bless,

Jane

I thought a lot about the photo montage and what to title it the past few days. I was actually bored during the new Beatles Cirque so I was brain storming in my head :)

Anyway, last time people suggested if there is a second book to do a montage of survivors. However I am sure that many members would like to see the photos of those they lost in the book.

It is just like Tina said, I was actually thinking of her and Carleen, etc, they lost loved ones since the last book.

So the decision is to have a montage of both :)

Still coming up with a titles like

Faces of Lung Cancer

Our Heroes--Some Fallen, Some Battling, We Love You

I just posted for a volunteer do to a new montage incorporating everyone who wants to put in a photo :) I also changed the deadline to Sept 15 and made the post as an announcement on top :)

Photos to be included in montage can be e-mailed to me.