1 month

Carleen

Hi Carleen,

You are often in my thoughts. He was a gem of a man--young, handsome, funny, loving--and it must hurt terribly to be without him.I know you wish for him to be in the physical world, but you know he is always in your heart and mind.

I pray for your healing.

I love you Carleen. Sorry I haven't been around much but I am just like you. Lost in the dark without the love of my life. I can't imagine God made another duplicate like the one I had. It would be impossible for me to even look at another man. Hang in there.

Much love and blessings

Malou

Dear Carleen,

Let yourself feel this grief, don't hold back at all. cry, rage or scream, but, get it out! It seems each memory of our loved one's ,good or bad, has to be "gone over" in our minds and grieved over again and again. Only after we have gone through this can we start to become strong again. I think we should we should try to discard the bad memories and save the happy one's until we can laugh again.

Like Keith, my husband had a wonderful, dry sense- of- humor.. I miss that so much. He was a great model-railroader and the night before he died he joked that there had better be a model railroad "up there" or he was "coming back"!

Talking of laughing, the first time I heard myself laugh I couldn't believe I had made the sound, it was so long since I had heard it.

You will laugh again too Carleen. It will take some time but you will get there. Until then we are all thinking praying for you. Love, Paddy

Guest kathleen

Carleen - I am crying as I read your message. I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sure it will get harder before it gets easier. Allow yourself to grieve. When someone goes through loss, people always tend to say things like "lift your chin up, or are you still talking about that? You should be doing better by now"..... and I've always hated that.

I've been through enough therapy to know that if you do not allow yourself to work through the pain, to grieve you will never feel better. Let yourself grieve. Write just like you just did and share with us.

I also read something after a recent loss that said "talk about it until you don't want to talk about it anymore, no matter how long it takes".

I hope this makes sense. We are here for you - pour your heart out to us. You are much loved by everyone here.

God Bless.

k