Shordy's Dad's at rest

shordy

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you are glad that you were with him at the end. Yesterday was the funeral and my Stepmom had them play "Go Rest High on That Mountain." It barely got started and I thought it was over for me, that song is sad even when everything in your life is wonderful. I think we gave him a good service. Everyone seemed to like his very personalized Memorial Folders I made for him and they seemed to enjoy looking at the Memory Board I made. I hope I made Daddy proud. The preacher even read the words that I had put on the front of his Folder (along with his picture), I had saw it on another Folder at one time & I thought it was so neat, he said he'd never seen this saying before and it said this: "There'll be two dates on your tombstone. All your friends will read 'em, but all that's gonna matter is that little dash in between 'em." I have to realize that he had a lot of good years before he passed. I'll be glad when memories aren't cruel to me, memories just make me want him back.....Again, sorry Katie...lots of love to you & everyone here...Shordy