First chemo done

TracyD

Well, it has been four days since my first chemo and I am just now feeling like I can stay awake long enough to put a coherent sentence together. The doc. warned me that I was going to be tired, but this is not tired, it is like trying to move through mud. Today is the first day that I feel pretty good again, too bad it's almost one hundred degrees out and I really can't be doing much. I have lots of friends and family lined up to help with the kids so I have been able to rest a fair amount. I pushed it a bit yesterday with the shopping as my little girl is turning 5 this weekend and I'm having a bunch of little girls over for a princess party. So much to do.

The chemo went really well, It started on time and went smoothly with no adverse reactions to any of the meds. My very favorite Aunt Kasey was there with me and we made the best of a lousy situation. We just talked and laughed and ate, and ate and ate. A good friend of mine even drove 1 1/2 hours to bring us lunch and to visit.

Thank you all for the support and thank you Aunt Kasey for being there for this "first". When I think of all the firsts I have experienced in my life, most of them were happy moments to be cherished. While chemotherapy is not one of those happy moments, I will cherish the memory of how you came to be with me for what might have been one of the most difficult moments in my life.

Tracy

I'm so glad that you and Kasey enjoyed your infusion......strange how things work out isn't it, I can't think of a better person to spend my infusion time with.

I have tried for almost 5 years to describe the fatigue that comes with chemo and you summed it after your first lot - "moving through mud" hits it right on, thanks.

Best thing to do with the fatigue is just to give in to it, rest when you need to, accept all the help that's offered and ask for it when it's not.

Take care, we're all rooting for you.

Geri

Sorry about the fatigue, Trace. I did try to SUBTLY warn you Saturday morning when you said you were feeling A-OK. Glad it has subsided for you a bit. I'm pretty sure you will be in great form for the 'princess' party this weekend. Sure wish I could be there too!!!!

We sure did eat our way through the day, didn't we? You were such a trooper.............stayed awake the WHOLE time!!!! I am so proud and also pleased to have been there with you. I'm coming again to meet that wonderful doc of yours after everyone who wants a turn has gotten one!!!

Remember to accept help that is offered and ask if it's not. You have so many who want to be there for you.

Love,

Aunt Kasey

Tracy I have a feeling YOU TOO are a PRINCESS! :wink:

(((((((((((TRACY & KASEY)))))))))))

I'm going to hope and pray that your fatigue is the only side effect to this chemo that you will have to deal with. Keeping you in my prayers and sending you warm and wonderful vibes.

Tracy:

So glad to hear that treatment #1 went so smooth -- it had no choice with your Aunt Kasey there!

Making an "event" out of infusion days with each other really helped us forget about how many hours we were at the center for those things -- got to meeting and talking with lots of nice folks receiving their treatment too.

All the best to you,

Linda

Hi Tracy,

I am so glad Aunt Kasey could be with you. I was very happy she could make the trip because I knew she would be of some comfort to you. She lined up enough fun things to keep me busy during her trip so I didn't mind sharing her :D .

So glad to hear you are not experiencing any side effects except the fatigue. Enjoy the "princess" party for that cute little girl.

Love,

Uncle Fred

Tracy,

I'm glad to hear that you had your aunt Kasey and friends to help you. Chemo side effects are different for everyone , but fatigue is probably the one symptom everyone has to a varying degrees. Listen to your body. When you feel tired, give it rest. God Bless you and good luck with the party.

Love,

Sue

Tracy,

It is good to hear that things went well with your first chemo treatment. I know the fatigue can be overwhelming, but be kind to yourself and nap when you need to nap and don't be shy about telling people you need help, or if you need to be alone to rest.

I think it is great that your Aunt Kasey could be there with you. I'm sure her presence can make even the worst of situations brighter.

I pray that as your continue on these treatments that they are tolerated well, and that they are miraculously effective.

Sending you lots of love

Tracy,

I am so glad that you posted, I've been wondering about you. I am so glad you had Kasey with you, and that all went well. Enjoy the Princess party (too cute!) and take lots of pictures.

Hey Fred --nice picture!

Rochelle

Tracy,

I'm soo glad you sent an update, I've been thinking about you since Friday wondering how you were feeling. The day after always seems better for me and then the fatigue sets in. I'm probably on a much smaller dose so it doesn't feel like mud but I have noticed the humidity fatigues me more so stay out of the heat as much as you can with the AC on. Definitely rest and let others take care of the kids although I know sometimes we just want to spend some time with them. What a trooper you are for getting a birthday party together. Anyhow, I'm rooting for you and call me when and if you feel up to it. I'm glad your Aunt Kasey was with you too, she seems wonderful. I'm hoping to take my Aunt with me next week.

Big Hug (((((((Tracy)))))))

Lilly

I had chemo with the 2nd breast cancer, and for me the first one was the worst, because my anxiety was so high.

And I learned to use Ativan :wink:

I tried working, but was so tired I was in bed by 7:00. Ended up taking a leave, and during that time my house was never more organized :wink: because I learned to PACE myself. Do some light housework, take a break, do some more, take a nap.

During my radiation (1st cancer) I was EXHAUSTED and had a 7 year old to boot. I called it my 9 month pregnant tired. But I did not have that pacing thing down.

I am glad you posted.

gail

Tracy: I am glad to hear you made it through your first infusion ok. It was indeed nice that your aunt was there with you.

In my experience with chemo, I have noticed that the following infusions were pretty much like the first one in terms of side effects. I am more than halfway through my alimta treatment now. It is a good thing I like to take naps. I also make sure I get some exercise.

Don M

I am so happy that things went so well for you for your first chemo. I am also happy for you that you had your Aunt Kasey there with you. She has been support gold to me so I know how comforted her presence made you feel. I will certainly be keeping you in my prayers.

Hey Tracy ~

Just wanted to let ya know I'm still here - in your corner - you know, I believe your chemo must be wearing that LC out, as well!! You GO GIRL!!!

Have fun at the "Princess Party" this weekend!

Prayers for healing!

Yours in HOPE!

Stacey