1095 days

shirleyb

Hard to believe that it has been 1095 days since I last saw Randy alive. 1095 days since I held his hand last.

So much has happened since then, yet I can still remember very clearly what happened that day.

I will always remember him. He had such a good sense of humor, a twinkle in his eyes, and such a love of life.

Yet still what still amazes me is how life has gone on. Time has softened the pain of losing him but there will always be pain I think. My life has changed in so many ways. I have gone from the depths of despair to finding many joys in my life. But I will always have my memories of my life with Randy.

I look back to the what he went through the last month of his life and I would not wish that on anyone. All the pain, all the worry, all the stress of trying to find a cure that wasn't to be. But Randy is now at peace and for that I am thankful.

Donna G....tell the girls I still hold them dear to my heart for all you all did for Randy. You all made his last days the best they could be. You made it easier for him and for that I am thankful from the bottom of my heart. YOu are all angles to me. Thank you.

Prayers for all of us.

Shirleyb

Oh, Shirley! I just love you so much and know what a hard time this must be for you right now. These dates really do kick us in the butt. Every year, we seem to think we'll be able to cope with the next year better but it always seems to hit us hard. I know how very much you and Randy were...and will always be. Things change, life goes on, different people become a part of our lives but...true love never dies.

Yes Shirley for some reason those memories of the last day seem to be the ones that stay the sharpest. Maybe that is because it was the last time they were with us. I will never forget how dispite all of the drugs and the terrible things that happened to him that day he pulled my hand to his lips and kissed it. Whenever those memories torment me I try to remember that. I hope you too have something special from that last day that you can hold on to.