About Darrell...

MsC1210

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

I just got off the phone with Darrell and he sends his love and thanks to all for all the prayers and concern.

Today was the 2nd of 13 rounds of radiation but he is in VERY good spirits and is determined to beat this once again. His CT scan did show that 2 lymph nodes on the right side are growning so there will be more chemo after the radiation is finished.

He was being discharged and leaving the hospital when I spoke to him and will be home tonight. He was planning to go home and sleep and asked me once again to update you all.

I am sending my prayers to him along with the rest, and thank you all so much,

Chris

Hi Everyone!

From the bottom of my heart thank you!! Thank you for praying and thinking of me. I have such a huge support network that even after 3 days in the hospital the word had spread for it was a steady stream of visitors in and out of my room.

I'm not exactly sure what to expect from the brain radiation. I'm sure that my squirrel is not very happy. If anyone has any info on it (not the squirrel), I would love to hear what I can expect.

I'm off to my own bed where I don't get someone sticking needles in my arm at 3am. :-)

Oh, and I'm still doing to my speach at the Relay for Life Friday night.

Love you all! You're awesome!

Darrell

Chris, thank you so very much for being my friend and posting the update. You have the greatest heart. Te' Adoro

You're the one who is awesome Darrell! Good luck with your speech Friday night. To follow through with Relay, despite your recent set back is an incredibly selfless thing to do.

I know PCI (brain radiation in lower dosage, I think) made my Dad very tired but he's still his same ol' goofy self. I'm sure you'll get through it just fine. You're so young and resilient.

You're a fighter and an inspiration!

Darrell,

My mom had WBR and she did pretty well through it. She swears that since it, she had hearing loss and her eyes "jump". It may be from something else though with all she has been through.

I have no doubt that you will make the best of this bad situation. You are such a positive soul!!! Prayers-may God bless you.

You call us awesome... no YOU ARE AWESOME. You have the best attitude and I know you will beat this :evil: in the butt.

There are so many prayers going out to you. Good luck on Friday. I am so glad you are still going to speak. You are amazing.

Prayers sent to you. So glad you are home!

Maryanne

Darrell,

My husband had WBR several weeks back. He went 20 rounds. I would have to say the first major issue with the effects of WBR was the extreme fatigue he had, but the radiologist said that it was one of the usual side effects and that it would last even several weeks after he finished rad. I can attest to that happening. Secondly, he had an aweful rad. burn on the back of this head,(it was easy to detect, because my husband had no hair..), what had worked for him was a prescription for Silverdene cream ( which is used for burn victims ), it did the trick.

Darrell, I want to tell you that his mets where first detected due to him having a focal seizure, which led to the MRI. I thought he had 6 mets, he told me it was 17! I wasn't too happy and scared. What I want to let you know after it was done and he had another MRI, they were gone!...So Darrell, keep the faith, as you know w/ sclc it is a constant battle, so many roadblocks, but you are strong and you can take it!!

Grace

Darrell,

Good for you buddy!!! I was wondering about Friday's speech and am so glad you are still planning to do it. Good luck with your new treatment and I'm glad you are home now.

Keep us posted. (Have someone take pics at the Relay of you and post them!)

Regards,

Welthy

Hi Ann,

Darrell actually was on and posted in this thread last evening. But thank you so much for the prayers and concern. Scroll back a few posts and you will find his post. :)

It was really my pleasure to help him out by posting for him. The response to his recent set back just underscores the reasons I am here. The love and compassion and genuine CARE here on this site is simply amazing. I am so blessed to be a part of this.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm finishing up my 14th and final head radiation today! Yes, I know it doesn't take very long for them to radiate my brain. Not much there... I've heard all the jokes since this started!! LOL!

A couple of weeks and it's MRI time to determine if this worked. I'm confident that it has.

Going to start some chemo in a few weeks to reoccurance in my chest. Until then, it's great to have a break!! I've been working 1/2 days and staying active.

Talk to you soon!!!

Darrell