An apology for prayer???

ztweb

As I was posting today, I realized for the first time that quite possibly I have offended others on this site with my prayers.

I have always been a God loving woman, but since Dad's diagnosis, I have truely found peace in His promises, and hope in his word.

However, I have always known that everyone doesn't believe this way, and it wasn't until today that I thought, "Not everyone wants to hear prayers from you Jen."

Please accept my apologies, yet know that my prayers can serve as "positive thoughts" (as my good friend, a non-believer says) if you are not "into" this as I am.

God bless you! (My favorite phrase!)

Jen

Jen, I don't think you need to apologize. I have seen "sending prayers, sending good thoughts", and some even quote scripture (which is just fine with me). I firmly believe that prayer has gotten me through 3 bouts of this disease and without God and Jesus, I don't think I could handle this. However, this is my belief.

I think we can honor everyone's beliefs, or non beliefs, here. We all have our own ways to get through this life and we need to respect each of those ways.

God Bless you too,

Nancy B

Hi Jen,

It's shocking to me that anybody would be offended by your prayers. Even if a person is a devout athiest they surely could appreciate the sentiment and care that is behind your kind words, wishes and beliefs? Don't ever apologize for some other persons ignorance. You do wonderful work here, and I, for one, REALLY appreciate it !

I'll do you one better... I'd sip wine with the devil himself if it would cure the suffering of good people. I wouldn't like it, but I'd do it.

My prayers and best wishes to you my dear,

-Rod

A well meaning friend of mine told me that she was talking to a casual friend that we both knew. She informed me that she did not tell this person that I had lung cancer, because she did not know if I wanted other people to know. I told her that if she had told this person of my condition that that was one more person who could have been praying for me. I called her myself, told her my condition and asked her to include me in her prayers. She continues to pray for me to this day. I pray that you keep sending and that we all keep receiving. Amen.

Jen,

My Aunt who claims to be a non believer was having surgery for her lung cancer, and my Mom told her everything would be fine, because she had prayed to the man above. My Aunt chuckled. However, after her surgery she told my mother that she apparently knows people in higher places. My Mom told her "yes indeed" and he still loves you, no matter what your beliefs are.

So pray on!!! Everyone here could use a good prayer.

Mary

no need to apologize, though I, for one, really appreciate the thoughtfulness of your post. I am not an atheist, but not not a Christian either (or a Jew, necessarily, or anything else with a 'name', for that matter) and sometimes wonder how I am perceived here. I believe in one, loving god that we all go to different places to find. that's what I hear in your post(s), and that's all I need to feel loved and cared for here. I believe all prayers help, since I believe they all end up in the same place. so thanks for being so loving and thinking of others the way you did.

xoxo

Jen,

About the last thing I'd be looking for is apologies for praying.

I believe I have the best doctors on earth treating me. Even they, at times, are bewildered by the crazy twists and turns this malady takes.

Nobody gets through this kind of mental and physical turmoil on their own. Every time I get a checkup I send out an email status and thank all my friends and relatives for their support and prayers.

Likewise, I do a pretty good job these days of responding to prayer requests from others. No one will ever mistake me for a Saint but I do have faith and beliefs.

Nope, don't concern yourself with apologies in my regard.

Dear Jen, you are a sweetheart for offering your love, support and yes, especially your prayers to those in need of comfort. I believe in the power of prayer and you can send them this way anytime you like :)

p.s. I've just read in another thread your good news. I am so thrilled for you, your Dad and all of your family.

Best,

Lynda

This country is becoming way to politically correct . over 92% of Americans believe in God. You keep praying, because personally I don't care what atheists think of me expressing my faith. I am much more interested in what GOD thinks of me. I will continue to talk to Him and praise His holy name, regardless of what a small fraction of the population is trying to accomplish.

I am sorry but I am tired of the attacks on God and God fearing Americans because of the less than 8% that "feel offended" by believers expressing their beliefs.

When will this madness end? This country was founded on the Freedom of religious expression and on Christian principles.

A couple of scriptural refernces to strengthen your resolve....

Matthew 10:32-33

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

Luke 9:26

"For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels."

I don't know about the rest of you , but I want the presence of God in my life....and I will pray anywhere and anytime I want.

Dear Jen,

Apologize for prayer? My goodness. It's the most important and best thing we can do for each other. There is one provision, however, regardless of anyone's faith, we should remember this: It's not about US, it's about HIM!

If we always go to God with "Gimme, gimme, gimme", and don't trust Him with the results, and don't worship Him (regardless of what He does or doesn't do), or don't give to HIM . . . .

I'll let everyone ponder their own ending to that sentence. My tickler for thought would be to remember (or learn) why the Israelites were left wandering in the desert for 40 years. Ah, in that historic event, God never stopped loving them, never left them, and never stopped providing for them, but He sure was ticked off at them!

Love,

Peggy