siblings aaarrrg!!

First of all my Dad is doing well and shows no sign of additional health problems. He is still at daily risk of a heart attack, now more so with 24/7 dyarrehia.

I've spent the weekend laughing off my sisters call this weekend to buy tickets to Nova Scotia, we're in Ontario. She wants her and her daughter to go for a week during August and visit the family we have out there.....ummmm??? Now I'm just getting mad...it's playing on my mind and I'm getting madder and madder.

My oldest sister and I have always known "this one is a flake", she talks a good talk....but has no intention of walking the walk. The middle sister (the flake) was so proud of herself, she was the only one with the room to have Dad move in. "I'll take care of him, I'll do whatever I need to and "PUT MY LIFE ON HOLD" to take care of him." What a joke then....and now! Everyone knows she is just another body in the house and of no real help if he were to get worse. He's completely functional and doesn't require daily care. We knew the real nuts and bults of the work would be done by us.

The oldest and myself aren't stopping her from going, I looked and gave her a price for the tickets....heck I'll drive her to the airport. But god help her if I have to phone her and tell her Dad had a heart attack and died. If anything roles out of her mouth about how she missed out or it wasn't suppose to be like this!!!!! If I'm having a good day.....I'll laugh at her. If I'm having a bad day....I'll be in jail for the night.

I'm just venting....I have no interest or care to stop her from going. She was born this way and been like this her whole life. It all comes down to what she wants and everyone else is just obsticals in her way. I'm embarrassed to be her sister...that's what makes me the most upset....even the oldest is more of a daughter to him, and she's not even his!

Tammy

Tammy,

Feel free to come here to vent. God knows we all need a place to do that from time to time. Deal with 'flake' as best you can, and try to move on. Unless there is some reson to cause you great concern..........that is. Can't change the spots on a leopard or the stripes on a zebra, ya know. Let us know how this all works out.

Kasey

OMG Tammy when I was reading your post I thought that I had wrote it. We sound like we are twins...I have 3 sisters. 2 older ones and a twin. My oldest sister lives in a different state and cant be here and its killing her. I feel so bad for her. My second oldest is our *FLAKE* of the family.

My mom had been home from the hospital since Sunday and not one call from her. She only stays about 20 miles away.

She left her husband and now has nowhere to live so what did she do?? Tried to talk my mom into moving to a different town so that she could live with her and she would help take care of mom...What a Joke...She cant even take care of herself. We really had it out.

She did the same thing when my dad was dying. Now all she talks about is how much she had to do for dad and what a burden it was for her.

If for one minuite I thought that she could really help I would let her. She has nothing to offer my mom right now. She has nowhere to live. She cant drive (DUI) and does not work.

She is the hardest part of this whole ordeal. We never know what she is going to do or what is next. SO I totally understant the sibling thing. Sorry for rambling I just so identify with you.....Kim

Tammy,

Don't you just love siblings. There's always one in the family. Mine is my brother who didn't work all last summer when my father was recently diagnosed. Lived at home from college, sleeping late and going bowling. Yes - bowling. My Father was doing a lot of juicing. Did he ever juice a carrot? I think not. Then he gets patronized when he does a chore that he's asked to do.

I definitely hear ya on the sibling troubles.

Try to keep it humorous. I've just chalked it up to my brother being useless and no good. So there.

Shirley

I am used to it ...... it's not the first time she's turned a blind eye to anyone, a better word is "snubbed". She is the master of avoidance .... just like her father. It's actually a good pairing with them living together now ... both want to ignore the subject until it's absolutely neccessary. It works for them!

At least my Dad knows, acknowledges and tells you he's doing this.......her???? She honestly has no idea what we are complaining about. She actually thinks we are teasing and picking on her! Cause we have nothing better to do.....dontchya know! Hehe, even my Dad shakes his head at her tactic's ... "oh that girl has to wake up one of these days."

Uck! I'm just glad I'm not the one who all this will haunt one day! But you can bet I'll be there in the front row to watch the show......hahaha!

Bottom's up!

Tammy

Hi Tammy, Your words made me laugh,... "She was born this way" . :lol:

Sounds exactly like my brother - we often call him our "point man", "idea man", "natural leader" and "motivational speaker". He was absolutely 100% useless when Mom died. Actually he was worse than useless, he was a hindrance.

My brother is an alcoholic, so I tell myself it is the booze talking. Does everyone have someone in their family like this? :lol: I can relate to your frustration. Barb