This is so hard.

jendew

Today has been an emotional day. Daddy was in a lot of pain this morning again. Hospice came out and basically told my sister and I that Daddy won't make it very much longer. Maybe a few weeks.

Daddy told me this morning how much he loved me, and that he knows what's happening to him. He told me that he's not giving up, and he's not dwelling on the fact that he's dying, but that he's concentrating on the memories that we have as a family. He told me how proud he is of me. At least I was able to tell him and Mama how much I appreciate them and everything they gave up for us when we were all kids. I told him it was my turn to repay him for taking care of me when I was small. I told him I loved him more than he would ever know. I guess we said our goodbyes. He told my mother how blessed he was to have been married to her for 46 years. He also told my husband how much he loved and appreciated him. He said he wanted to get all of that out while he was still lucid because he knew that he would not have many more lucid days. He wanted everybody to know that he felt these things from his heart, and it was not medicine making him say these things. He cried. Well, we all cried. I'm crying just typing this. This is absolutely the hardest thing I've ever done. He can't move his legs at all today and he's very swollen. I rubbed lotion on his legs and feet, and told him I loved him before I left. This is absolutely the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

(((Jen)))

I'm crying too, cherish all the moments with your dad. I remember the talks I had with my dad in his last weeks, I'm so glad I got the chance to tell him I loved him, how I didn't want him to die, no one ever knew how strong my dads' will was. I was going thru just what you're going thru now, a year ago. Please know I'm praying for your family.

Grace

Oh my God Jen. This is one of the most touching posts I have ever read on this board. How very lucky you are to have such an open, honest and caring father who shared his feelings with you. I know this is hard for you and I am so sorry. Remember that you are truly blessed to have shared all of this with each other-this is what life is all about.

(((JEN AND FAMILY)))

((( Jen )))

I can't stop the tears that are running down my face. Fathers and Daughters have always been a really sensitive subject for me. It's hitting me so hard with my own experience and I can't bear to read someone else's without crying. Please remain hopeful and cherish the memories that you and your family have had together.

You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Shirley

Can I have a tissue someone? I am just so touched by the love you all have for each other. I think a lot about the fact, that when you know what you're situation is that in a way its a good thing to be able to tell the ones you love how you feel.

Some people never get that chance.

Wishing you all the best.

Joan

Oh, my heart aches for your sadness...and it brings forth bittersweet memories of my dad's last weeks. Your family sounds much like mine, so much love and devotion. Somewhere inside of my heart, I know that love will carry you through the next part of this journey.

I wish you all many more beautiful days together and know that we care and are here for you.

Gentle hugs,

Libby

I can't imagine how hard this is on you all. What you describe is like a blessing wrapped in a nightmare. I am so happy that you won't ever have to say, "I wish I told him how I feeL", though I doubt you've ever left much unsaid there.

I pray for strength and peace for all of you.

:) Kelly

(((((((((Jen)))))))))

So very sorry. Just try and stay strong for your Dad. It is so wonderful that the two of you are able to express your feelings so openly. I'm keeping you and your family in my heart and my prayers.

So sorry Jen. How wonderful that your Dad has told you all how he much he loves you and you him. So often these things are sadly left unsaid. You are truly blessed.

He sounds such a sweet, brave and wonderful man. Prayers for Your Dad and for you and your family,

Paddy.