not very good for my dad

Hi All...Just found out my dad has developed pulmonary fibrosis.. I guess that explains why he wasnt getting better.. I never thought I would say this but I think there was more hope with the cancer than this new development..even if he beats the*%#@ cancer he cant beat this..I was doing research onit and found its basically incurable.. I think I'm going back to fla. to see them again...God this really does suck....cathy

Cathy,

Oh Cathy my heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry to hear about this setback. I read your reply to my post when my parents left and was comforted to know that i am not alone. It is really terrible to be so far away and makes it so much harder and it is trully heartbreaking. :cry: I know that you will fly there and give your father inspiration and the strength that he needs. I have thought about relocating to be closer to my Mom ... but there are so many other things to consider...like my life which seems to suffer and not really matter when there are difficult times lilke cancer. I'm just trying to get more "flexible" with money and time off so I can spend more time with them. Knowing that i can call or hop on a plane sure gives me relief, just to be there, hug and support them fills my heart. Thinking of you and your Dad and sending love, prayers,support and big hugs your way.

(((((((((((Cathy)))))))))))))

Laurie

cathy,

I am so sorry to read your post, hang in and like all the others, don't give up.

That sounds really horrible, but I'm like Ginny D. What is Pulmonary Fibrosis? That's a new one to me. I hope that's not what is wrong with my mom.

With Hope,

Renee

Simply said, pulmonary fibrosis is a scarring of the lung tissue. It makes the lung stiff, and therefore doesn't function as well. There are many causes: environmental, drug induced and radiation induced. Most patients will need oxygen.

Hope that helps

Faylene

Thanks Don,Ginny, Katie, Laurie, Renee for your caring thoughts. Fay said it in a nutshell exactly what pulmonary fibrosis is. I'm not sure exacltly how to say whats on my mind and in my heart right now, so I'm just going to say it. I really do feel my dads first set of doctors hurt him. I can accept that he has lung cancer, and honestly I was hopeful, however I really cant accept this fibrosis thing cause I think the doctors messed up with his radiation. His radiologist just wouldnt listen when my dad complained of extreme shotrness of breath. While in florida I found out he also had pleural effusion his doctors from mich. never mentioned it. From what i have researched radiation is not an option. Now he is so sick he will probably never get chemo, also dad was 3ab and they did the lobectomy first and I know now as well as you all do too that he should have had the other treatments first. I dont really know whats going to happen now. its so emotionally draining. I been trying to find a message board or some kind of support for the fibrosis with no luck yet. I wont ever give up until I find out the truth.. I'm sorry to lay this on all of you but I so needed to finally get it off my chest and I'm not expecting any one to respond cause I know its a risky subject and I'm really not a crazy lady just a daughter wanting to know the truth and if they hurt my dad they need to be held accountable for it.. Thanks again for all of your support and kind words..... cathy

Yes, it does sound like the doctors were not on top of things. I also have never heard of pulmonary fibrosis. Was it caused by the radiation? I mean, how much did they radiate?????? :?::?::?: When I had radiation, it was VERY targetted. Be that as it may, it doesn't take away from how sad it is for you. I'm at a loss for words of comfort for you. Just some spiritual hugs. JudyB