Tarceva: $2,500 per month

icbn

You do not sound like a pity party - you are not the only person in this type of circumstance. And the Tarceva being most effective in non-smokers was news I had never heard before. My doctor recommended it to me, but I said no for right now and we went to Taxere instead. If Taxere doesn't work, then I was going to reconsider the Tarceva - but you have me rethinking my options.

So thanks for some new information!

Mary

My parents were able to qualify for a grant through a contact with the cancer center. They didn't have to pay anything for my father's Tarceva. This grant was not through the drug company, but through a private organization if I'm not mistaken. You might want to schedule a meeting with the patient advocate at your cancer center for help. They know of more options than we do. Good Luck. I'm praying for a cure.

I've not heard that Tarceva doesn't work as well for people who smoked.

My oncologist said tests show that Tarceva works best on patients who get a rash from the Tarceva. I got a very bad rash. He lowered my dose to 25mg per day (from 100) and I get a very mild rash now on different parts of my body.

I'm lucky I guess because my State helps with the cost of prescriptions if anyone is below a certain income. I hope everything has worked out for you.