Getting to Know You - August 16

Ann

Earl and I went to Busch Gardens in VA about 10 years ago. I couldn't wait to get on a roller coaster. The 1st one was great, on to the 2nd. When we got there they told me I had to take off my earrings??? I did!!! I found out why. Your head bounced around like a bobblehead doll. Got off with a headache and said "Well that was my last roller coaster ride!!!!!". Started walking and rounded a corner and there was the Big Bad Wolf roller coaster. Yep, I hopped right on.

Not sure if I would do that now, old age curbs the adventure gene somewhat.

Well, I have to tell you that I have never been a great fan of the so called thrill rides. I was never really afraid but I did get a queezy stomach really easy when i would ride. I have always had a bit of a phobia about heights, so that rules out a lot of these rides. I'm not afraid of fast rides....love fast....as long as they're near the good old ground!!!! I haven't ridden a roller coaster since 1984.

Love them!! Haven't been on any yet this year but I did go skydiving back in May. It was a birthday treat, but also one of those things I always wanted to do but never got around to. I agree that the wooden ones are the best---live the creaks and you can't beat the ride!

I love rollercoasters, always have. It's funny, I used to ride them all the time as a kid and somewhere along the way I started getting a bit more timid. Well, no more. This cancer thing has allowed me to get over the fear, next to cancer, what's a little rollercoaster?

The last time I rode one was about a month ago at Six Flaggs. Batman and Mind Eraser, AWESOME!! They are the kind where you're suspended from the track, just swinging freely, with nothing under your feet, I even had to take my shoes off because I was wearing sandals. We are heading to Florida in October and I plan on riding Crackin (sp?) at Sea World, and the Rock n Roller Coaster at Disney.

The rush of riding a rollercoaster makes me feel alive, everyone ought to try it.

Tracy

I don't like thrill rides, and hated when my daughter would go on them (my son is still too small). I used to make Jessica put her hair in a ponytail because I read once that a girl's hair was flying out behind her and got tangled around a screw on some thrill ride and snapped her neck.

Okay, I try not to give in to the voices, I swear.. 8):shock:

I lost my desire to ride the thrill rides when i was a teenager. At the Arizona State Fair, the ride i do not remember now what it was called had those chair's they strapped you into and then they swung you out really fast and one or two of the chain's or bar's that held the chair's let loose and swung the rider's clear across 19th ave which ran along side the Fair Ground's and and Killed the rider's. But i did continue to ride Roller Coaster's as i could ride them allnight. But i forgot how many year's ago since i last rode one...