4 Months & 25th Anniversary

tnmynatt

Charlie has been gone 4 months as of today. Also, our 25th wedding anniversary is coming up on the 22nd (next Tuesday). Not sure what I should do that day. Any ideas?

I will get my staples out tomorrow (back surgery) and hopefully will be released to drive and become a little more active.

There have been lots of home challenges lately, e.g. crashed computer, A/C out (I understand what you went through Randy), nail in tire, etc. It's difficult to know what to do. I use to have Charlie to fix things or help make decisions.

Sorry to whine. Just at a loss as to what to do next Tues. How do you get through a silver wedding anniversary or any anniversary without your best friend and love of your life?

((((((((Tina)))))))))

I would have celebrated my 25th anniversary just three months after Dennis died. I know what a hard day this will be for you. On that day, I had a bottle of champagne and lots of memories. I got out a ton of pictures and sat down and really took time to relive memories associated with each picture. Funny how I looked at these pictures a bit differently that I ever had before. Suddenly, they were so much more than just pictures of familar faces printed on glossy paper. They were memories of happy days spent with the people that have shaped my life the most....parents, husband, children and friends. I took a long stroll down memory lane and really felt that Dennis was right there with me, as I know Charlie will be with you! Always remember that loves like the ones we had will never die. We may be apart for a while but the love never dies!

Sorry to hear you have had so many things go wrong lately. I think this is just another one of God's ways of reminding you what a strong woman you really are!

(((Tina))),

Boy, some days all those minor aggravations and irritations add us and can really just get the best of us, can't they? I sure hope you have them all under control by now. As for what to do next Tuesday, well, my suggestion is to spend it here with all of us who understand and 'get' it. Why not come here and share some Charlie stories...............maybe tell us about your wedding day....................or the birth of your children..............or some of the reasons Charlie was such a special guy? I don't know. It just seems fitting to me that you should be here...............at least for PART of the day. You will ge many excellent suggestions, I am sure, Tina. Just be sure to spend it the way YOU feel you want. I, for one, will be thinking of you Tuesday. I am sorry Charlie will not be here.

Kasey

Tina,

You have to do what feels right to you. Grief and loss are such personal feelings and we each handle them in our own way. Some do as Ann, and walk down memory lane, others, as I, try and keep busy so that the sadness just creeps in here and there.

You are still so new to this, you still have youngish children, and you have just had surgery (and let us now forget all the 'stuff' that is now your problem), so just let your feelings direct you. Then pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward as Charlie wants for you.

Be good to yourself Tina.

No suggestions here... Just know that I care and I'm thinking about you--in your recovery from the surgery, in the new 'gremlins' that you are having to face by yourself, in the process of being a Mom to kids who just lost their Dad, in your grief, and in approaching Tuesday... I'm thinking about you.

I wish I had words of advice. But in general, maybe you can do something with your girls, like pamper yourselves? You all deserve it, you have gone through too much and you do so much with your new foundation. You are such a special family.

(((Tina))),

I understand all those aggravations you are going through alone. The first one I had to face was getting my car repaired. I still have a very long list of things to be repaired and I am coming to the conclusion that I need to learn to do these things myself. It's like I was just waiting for them to be handled.

As for the anniversary, I'm short on ideas. I'm not much comfort either. Our 36th anniversary occurred 3 months after Mike died and I totally gave into my feelings that day. I started crying and thought I wouldn't stop. Maybe that was good for me...I don't know. I hope you can find the strength within you to make a positive memory for that day.

Wishing you lots of love and a speedy recovery on that back surgery.

Love,

Sue

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I think I'm going to head for the Smokies--a little driving and strolling (if I'm up to it, strolling-wise??) in the National Park, a little shopping (GREAT shopping near Dollywood), some quiet reflection/pictures/memories and maybe dinner with a girlfriend.

Ginny: I can't believe it's been 2 years since Earl passed. I like your attitude.

Take care and thanks again!