Newly Dx'ed in So CA - Stage 3, non-small cell, non smoker

Elaine W

Hello and welcome Elaine,

It was nice talking with you tonight at the Tuesday Night chat. I see you have already recieved some great advice. This board is full of the most wondeful people who will fill you with knowledge and inspiration, or even just lend you an ear/eyes to vent on. I would be lost without this board and the amazing people who reside here. Their care and support is enormous!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Elaine,

Warmest regards and best health to you,

-Rod

Hi Elaine,

Hopefully we can be some of that support for you. I have found, that my support system (family) have just been great. We were always close, but this is on another scale. Even the one that ws hi now and again, call weekly, have driven long ways to visit. I'm dealing with brothers and sisters, which is a whole different relationship than children, but I suspect the kids are also going through there own greif and fear.

Hang in there -

Mary

• 4 weeks later...

Elaine,

I had stage IIIb/IV nsclc. I have never met a survivor that does not believe. He may not believe in God, but he does believe. Some put their faith in their doctor, and medicine, and themselves. I put my faith in all of those and I rely on my faith in God to work through them. I don’t force my faith on anyone, but I feel obligated to tell people about what helped me the most to be cancer free since November 2005. I was given Tarceva along with my chemo and you fit the mold for Tarceva results a lot better than I do. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. Keep the faith.

Ernie

Elaine,

Welcome to the boards. I am so sorry that you had to find us, but I am glad you did. What an amazing thing...your diagnosis. I can't believe it. This just goes to show that we all need to be aware that this disease is not necessarily a smokers disease as once thought!

You will come to find that everyone is supportive of "God Talk" in that regardless of religious affiliation, people know that sending prayers, is meant in a positive, and supportive fashion.

Elaine, I pray that God sends you strength, courage, and peace. I ask that he provide you with the miracle of healing, and that you are given a strong support system, and God's warm hand.

Blessings,

Jen

Elaine,

Welcome to our family. It sounds like you will be a good self advocate and if you need answers to specific questions there will probably be someone here that can answer from experience. As you can see from my profile I was IIA/IIIA and had my surgery as first treatment. There are others on the board that have had chemo and then surgery. We are still here and feeling pretty darn good. I hope you will keep us posted.

It would be a good idea to create a profile for yourself so that you don't have to remind us of you medical history each time you post. That way we can support a little better. It also gives help to others in your situation. Again, welcome.

Nina