MIL Dx

Guest lovingwife

Guest lovingwife

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to stay anonymous on here, but hope that I can get some support as a family member and potential caregiver for my 55-year old MIL.

She was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 NSCLC (Adenocarcinoma) and it's contained in her right lung, but has metasticized there. She starts chemo this week and we'll hope they can shrink the 4cm tumor and surrounding lesions and buy her some more time.

Does anyone else share this scenario? Can we even know a prognosis at this point?

If there are any other daughters-in-law out there who just don't know how to feel/act/behave, I'd love some advice or just kind words.

TIA,

lovingwife

If it is any consolation to know this, Adenocarcinoma is the most common kind of Cancer and also the most researched For Non Small Cell Lung Cancer. There is a lot going on in that department for research and Treatment options. Don;t believe a Dr when they tell you how long your MIL has to live. They Have a god Complex. God is a Dr. Sending Prayers even though not a Daughter In Law!!