My Mom, My Best Friend

DebsSky

Deb,

I am fairly new here and although I don't know you yet, I feel your pain. I too lost my mother to lung cancer many years ago, and just last summer, my 28 yr old son to osteosarcoma. I find comfort in knowing that they are no longer enslaved in their sick and weakened bodies, and they are out of pain. This is a very difficult time for you now but remember this too shall pass. There will come a time when you will smile at all the good memories you have of your mother. I am praying that God will wrap his arms around you and ease your pain. I am so sorry for your loss!

Sharon

Deb,

I am so so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Your message really hit home when you called your Mom your best friend because that is exactly how I feel about my Mom who is fighting SCLC also. Know that when we read your message we feel your pain and our hearts go out to you and your entire family.

-Char

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Deb,

I don't know if you still check your posts here I hope so. I am so sorry I missed your post. I don't check this forum too much. If you would have posted in the Obits or grieving, I would never would have missed it.

Please, please accept my deepest condolences on the passing of your mom. I know how heart broken you are as I have been there. Moms are so special and they were always there for us. Without them there is a trememdous loss and a hole in our hearts. But like I told so many, keep her memories alive in that special place in your heart that is just reserved for moms. And there she will always live on in you.

Please let us know how you are doing. You know we are here to help you through this. You have help so many with your responses to posts, I hope you let us help you to get through this.

I am so sorry, I know how hard she faught.

Maryanne