Quotes From 51 Years Ago

Ann

"I"ll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a weeks worth of groceries for $20."

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long untill $2000 will only buy a used car."

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is rediculous."

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter."

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. We'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year, just to play ball? Wouldn't surprise me if some day they'll be maling more than the president."

"It's too bad things are so tough nowdays. I see where a few married women are having to go work to make ends meet."

"No one can afford to be sick any more, $35 a day in the hospital is too rich for my blood."

"If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it."