Another piece of my heart

Patkid

Brian's gorgeous 1956 Chevy Bel Air is sold and gone to her new home.

I miss my husband in a manner and to a degree I can NOT articulate.

I am immeasurably sad and frankly, I don't feel as though the pain has eased, just changed.

I ache for my husband

I mourn our lost life

I am touched by our grandchildren

I am raw and sore with grieving.

Love and prayers.

P

(((Pat))),

I am only imagining your grief, Pat, and that alone is overwhelming to me. Your grief is doubly intense, I am certain. Please know that Fred and I keep you in prayer each day as you have a near and dear spot to our hearts. We are here to support you in any way we can.

Love,

Kasey

Oh, Pat...

I just pm'd you not five minutes ago to tell you that it was so nice to see you posting and that I have missed you and now here is this post.

No words because I have no idea what it feels like to be where you are but so wish you comfort.

Holding you close to my heart

Libby

Pat, it is an arduous journey, one I doubt that is ever completed. When love is strong and vital and good, when a relationship is committed and all encompassing, it does not go away with death. But it remains in a different form with the addition of sadness and grief.

Be gentle and kind to yourself Pat. Brian loved you so much. Try to remember his love with a smile on your face.

Pat,

I'm glad to see you post but I'm sorry your heart is so heavy. My Dad collects old Corvairs (has three) all are in need of repair, but it's my hope his grandchildren will drive and show them one day. I'm sure you were heartbroke when selling it.

I know how men can get attached to their toys. You're in my prayers and hugs to you. I hope your days become lighter.

Pat,

I am so sorry you hurt so badly.

My mom leased a red Mazda RX-8 which we took over the payments on. Stu told me it was my option whether or not we'd keep it or not. The lease is up next August, and after that we'll probably have to get rid of it. That is going to be so hard. Stu takes it to wrok; it is hard for me to get rid of it, but hard for me to ride in it at the same time. I just can't make any decisions about things like that yet.

Hugs and prayers coming your way tonight.

Oh, Pat, dear sweet Pat..... I so, so much understand. Your post brought back memories of saying good-bye to Don's motorcyle. Oh, my, I SO MUCH feel your pain - from deep inside my heart to my eyes where the pain is obvious.

At times like this, I wish so badly there was something to say that would make it all feel better - ANYTHING! Sadly, there just aren't words to help. I've decided it just has to hurt - there's no making it go away.

Well, on second thought, I guess there is one thing that does help, and the answer is in the hurting itself. I think, the hurting is actually part of the cure. :shock: Really! It must be faced head on, felt in depth and then released like you did with your post to those who care. We care, my friend :!::!::!:

I pray for you, Pat, with a heavy heart. I ask God to release you from this sadness and fill the hole in your heart with Himself. Amen! What joy and release you will feel when He answers that prayer!

All my love,

Peggy

Been there, done that. It never goes away but once in a while after some time has passed it gets easier. Then again something like parting with something that belongs to him brings it all back again. There are no easy answers. Just as Peggy says I think in someway the deepest pain is part of the getting through or what some might say is healing.

Oh Pat, I know these feelings all too well. My heart reaches out to you. Just hang on tightly and know we are all your anchors in a time of storm. I will be keeping you in my heart and my prayers.

Oh Pat,

I am so sorry for all of those feelings to come rushing back to you. Not that they left but the trememdous loss of giving something away that he loved so much was overwhelming.

I just want you to know you are in my prayers, I pray one day the emptiness you feel will be more tolerable. I know your grandchildren will help ease some of that pain.

((((((PAT)))))))

Maryanne

I know how hard it is. I lost my husband John in 2004 and time is not helping. I am hollow and will always be in love with John. I did want to say to take time for yourself and rest and try to find some peace in something to comfort you. I do find comfort in walking every day on the walk he and I walked our dogs together. It has become our time as I have him with me in my heart and soul. Take care, Carolyn

I can feel your pain through the computer. :cry:

The following website is an actual book that you can buy. I gave it to a coworker who lost her 46 year old husband very suddenly; I also gave it to another coworker who lost her 26 year old son very suddenly. They both swear by it. It comes as a very small paperback that can fit in you purse.

http://www.buildfreedom.com/content/boo ... what_feels

much love,

gail

I too keep returning to this post -- really feeling the need to reply.

Your emotion and love always seems to jump from the page and touch my heart - making mere words seem so inadequate as a respone.

Send you prayers and wishes for better days as you travel on this "road of grief".

Cindy

Pat,

Thinking of you and realizing there's no easy way to fix your heart. Hoping and praying as you live through the grief and ache of missing Brian, that the journey gives way to peace and comfort in the days and months ahead.

Mary

Dear Pat,

My heart just aches with you're words. I know there is nothing I can say or do to help that pain or feeling of emptyness. I have to ask the good Lord to help you and all the others and even myself through our losses of our loved ones. I do not handle loss well. I always thought I was a very strong woman but have found when it comes to loss I am mush! I have to go to God as I cant find any other way and I know He is the best and only way.

You continue to always be in my prayers dear Pat,

Love,

Jane