went to get my tat today...

rogfam

It was a terrible experience, and I didn't get it. :(

First of all, I went in last week, talked to the artist, told him what I wanted, he says come in the day before your appt to okay the art work. I give him my $20 down for his time to draw and go home. Well, yesterday, they were closed, so I couldn't come in a day early, and they don't open til 3:00 in the afternoon on Tuesday, and my appt is at 4:00, so I get there at three, to make sure it's a go.

I get there, as I said, at three, and they aren't even there yet (first sign this isn't this best place)... I go in when they get there, Pete (the artist) grabs my card of the wall (the card with the description of what I wanted) and goes to the back room, says he'll get it together and be right with me. Well, he hadn't even started to draw it out, didn't even remember the script we decided on, the body style of my dragonfly, or anything...

So, I sit there for and hour and a half while he's designing... He comes out with a drawing, nothing like what I've given him to go by. I asked him to change a couple of things, he comes back, I'm still not feeling it. He acts like I'm putting him out, so I say 'you're getting tired of this huh?' He's like yea I am, you want to reschedule? He was very rude. The whole time I'm there, I feel he's rushing, he's not put together, not nowhere near ready to do his job... I said yea, but as we walked to the front, I said, look, just give me my money back (I had just given him the other $55) so the owner at the front desk gets my money for me. He doesn't care about what I'm trying to tell him, he just tells me I don't know their job like they do.

But HELLO, I have to live with this tattoo for the rest of my life!! It's MY body, my money, my time. I felt like crying, I couldn't believe the way they acted. :(

I guess I've watched too much Miami Ink, it's not all happy endings and good people who will work with you..

Sorry for the long rant, just had to get it out.

Christy

Christy,

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I just got a tattoo myself when I went to Dallas for Katie's 'Bash' and actually my experience was okay.

Where I am in Oklahoma, tattoo parlors are illegal and I thought that's how it was all over the state. Did you go in OK? And if so, are they the only place around, maybe that's why they don't have manners. I know that we are getting a place here in town in November finally- an established one from Gainesville Tx is opening up a branch here.

Anyway, don't give up on your tattoo because the people were jerks. It's probably a good thing they showed their true colors BEFORE you got the tattoo. God knows what it would have ended up looking like!!

Thanks everyone. It was a bad experience but I won't let keep from what I want. I'll find a good place soon.

Debi, yes, it's still illegal til November, but the tattoo shops are all over the place. (do a yellowpages search and you'll be surprised!) It's simply not a big enough deal for the police, they really don't care. This place is regulated and sterile and all that, but the guys are definite jerks. :(

Christy

Christy,

Not sure if I can help, but I'm willing to try. I am an artist (or at least attempt to be :lol: ). I studied art as my major in college with emphasis on painting and sculpture.

Possibly if you could e-mail me the design ideas you have I can draw something up for you and scan it as flash for you to take to a reputable tattoo artist.

No promises, but I can try and get what you have in mind to reality.

Carleen