More on the subject of questions about signs

lilyjohn

I love reading eveyones stories about the afterdeath experiences you have had. I'm sure there are more so please keep them coming.

Now I have another one to go with the first question.

Do you feel like your loved one is somehow watching over you or helping you? Have you ever asked for something from them or been frustrated about something only to have it work out as if someone had "fixed" it for you?

Please let us have these stories and more on the afterdeath communications.. I think these things give us all hope and in doing so make our jurney of sorrow a little easier.

Deb is my Guardian Angel. She is not good at fixing things for me but she keeps Me and DaisyDawg safe from harm every day. Well one day I left for work and turns out I left my front door cracked open not enough to be noticed. Came home fromwork and wind had blown door wide open. First great fear was Daisydawg had run away and someone had come in the house while I was gone; only about 3 hours that day. Reality is Daisydawg was lying on carpet right in front of the open door guarding her house until I got home. I think Deb told Daisydawg not to go away while I was not home, :wink::lol:8)

Do you feel like your loved one is somehow watching over you or helping you?

When my Dad was dying, my sister pasted those glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling of the bedroom so he'd have something to look at. After he died, as we were cleaning out that room, she handed me one of the stars. I tookit home & pasted it to my bedroom ceiling, and now I look at it every night and say good-night to my Dad. I know he is everywhere now, caring for all of his family. In fact, almost immediately after his death, I felt his presence; as if he was freer than ever to be at my side.

The story about your dad's star brings tears but is so true. It feels like mom's presence is everywhere, meaning that since her spirit is not in her body anymore it can be all around. I don't consider myself to be suggestable or looking for signs. But things sure do come together smoothly at times then I will say thanks mom. For awhile the date that she died kept appearing and I don't look for numbers either. Or, I think, maybe that means it's her new birthday???

This is something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. I do, more than anything, want to have a sign from my dad and I think that over the last few days I might have been. I've been seeing the same (or I think it is the same) butterfly everyday since last week. The weird thing is that I was away last week, 2hours away to be exact when I first saw the butterfly. When I came back home I've seen it everyday. I asked my fiance if he has been seeing a lot of butterflies lately and he said no. It is strange but I want to believe it is a sign. I can't remember the last time I saw a butterfly before this.

jorja

The experiences I have had sense Johnny died have helped me get to the point where I am not a total mess all of the time. I doubt I would have made it without those signs. When I have a problem I ask him to help me and more than once things have worked out for me.

As I said in the other post about this I have recently been getting signs from my ex husband who died in February. He was an avid coin collecter and I have been finding change is strange places. Last weekend when we got back to my sister in laws house from the Bay Area it was late so I spent the night there. She turned the bed down for me and right in the middle of the bed was a shiny nickle and two pennies.

Last night I got very flustered because my tv wouldn't work. The satelite was not working at all. I kept fooling with it and I unplugged it and then plugged it back in like they had said to do once before. Nothing worked. Then I got an idea and sure enough it worked.

Denis used to get mad when the granchildren would come to our house and mess up the remote for the tv. He would be upset and I would take the remote and push the tv/vcr button and then it would work. It always made him so mad! Well guess what. I pushed the satelite button and it started working. That remote was setting on my sofa where I left it the night before when I turned the tv off. That is just like something Denis would do to agrevate me and let me know he is around. He would never harm me but he sure would get a kick out of causing me frustration :!:

As for Johnny sometimes the signs are really strong. Other times they are not so obvious. I know this last week I was feeling a little down, really missing him. Everytime I would get in the car to go to work an add would come on for a jewelry store here in town . The store name is Fields just like his last name.

One day week before last I went back to a client that I had stopped working for a couple of months ago. I didn't stop because of the man or his family. I stopped because he lives in a wooded area with a lot of dry grass around. After having to run from 2 wild fires a couple of years ago things like that make me paranoid. I could not work there during fire season. They needed someone last week and my boss has been so good to me that I just couldn't say no. Needless to say I was very nervous going there. All day that day a rooster would crow every few mimutes. That is one of my signs from Johnny. I have never heard a rooster there before! I think it was Johnny reassuring me that I would be safe. That helped me get through the day.

Not long after Johnny died I had written a letter to Dr.LaGrand telling him about some of my experiences. I was questioning if they could be real. His reply was that if I felt like it was Johnny at the time and if it was something that he would do if he could that was a good indication that my experiences were real. Some of the things that happened he said were very common, others not as common but not unheard of. I also read that if you have a dream and it is much more clear than any other dream and if it stays in your mind just as clear that what you had was not an ordinary dream but a visit.

So please keep your stories coming. I think they are good for all of us and knowing that you are not alone in your experiences can give them a chance to do what I'm sure they are meant to do. Help us though the hardest days of our lives.

My husband finally told me that last week he was downstairs painting the walls after everyone had gone to bed and he saw a strange, beautiful light dancing around the room. It was the basement, midnight, and no where that thes light could have been coming from. Also, sometimes he stays up and watches TV after everyone has gone to bed. My mom's bedroom is downstairs, and we gave her a stereo one year for Christmas, which is in her room. For no reason, about four times since she's been gone, the radio turns on. He's looked all over for an alarm on it, but there is none.

For me, it has seemed funny that I've been seeing a LOT of dragonflies this summer. My aunt (mom's sis) told me that a friend of hers said that when her mom was dying, she asked her, "Mom, how will I know you're around?" And she said, "Look for the dragonflies." Since she told me that, I swear, the mext day, I was at the cemetery, and there were two dragonflies around me the entire time. And now they're around me all the time.

Last week I was feeding the baby, and I had lullabies playing on the computer for him. I didn't really want to turn them on because I knew they'd make me cry, but I did for Ian. So I'm sitting there, feeding him, and bawling, saying, "Mom, I wish you could see him." and all of a sudden I felt a weird chill, or a rush of some sort, pass through my body, which lasted about 15 seconds. That could have been coincidence, who knows. But lately I've been feeling her closer to me than ever. When I go into her room, her smell is very strong in there. I sure hope she's here. I am having a very rough time these days.

I want to thank all of you who have posted on this subject and the ones who have sent me PMs about it. I know there are many more stories out there. Please don't be shy. It is obvious that no one need to feel strange or uncomfortable telling your stories because we all have a lot of company.

I also know that exploring this kind of thing can be good therapy for all of us. I have recieved several PMs telling me how much it helps to talk about this. So come on people let us hear from you. Tell us your experiences. Don't worry no matter how strange it may seem. I have had some of the strangest and have finally convenced myself that I'm really not loosing it :!:

Lillian, thank you for saying that! I could not agree more. So here's another (maybe I've told it here before, but there are lots of new folks):

Lights

Part one: My mother lost her first husband when he drowned in a lake while they were out boating. This was many years ago, before CPR as we now know it existed. That evening, the light bulb in a lamp in the living room at her parents' home would not stay on. They changed the bulb multiple times and checked the switch, and finally gave up. The next day, everything was back in working order.

Part two: My Dad cherished the pair of inscribed brass lamps from the east (not sure if Japan or China) that they owned for many years. He would polish them religiously, carefully dusting their marble bases, and they were quite a source of pride for him.

After my Dad died, and even now (over 8 years later), occasionally the brass lamps that Dad adored will come on in Mom's home. It typically happens after she has been out - having known she turned off all the lights, she would come home to one (or both) of Dad's prized brass lamps shining brightly.

I went back to be with her on the first anniversary of his death. We talked the night before about Dad, we cried, and we laughed about all the funny things he did, and joked about him turning on the lamps. When we went to bed, we turned off all the lights and challenged Dad to turn one of them on before we woke up. Guess what....

Yes, that's right: the brass lamps were shining bright as daylight when my Mom awoke! He's still with us, and even if there were no lamps, we would know it.

Misty was Johnny's dog. He had her for 8 years before we moved in together. He often told me she was his little camping buddy. Always there when no one else was. He loved her very much and was very protective of her.

One night no long after he died she was in her usual place under my computer desk sleeping. I would often stay up most of the night doing research. I was so lost that I couldn't sleep or think of anything except what had happened to Johnny and how I ached for him. Any way suddenly Misty sat up and looked straight at the side of the bed where Johnny would set for long periods of time before getting up each morning. She just stared at that spot. Then she looked at me in a strange way. It was like she was wondering if I saw what she did. I'm convenced she saw Johnny there!

Johnny was also always aware if she ran out of water. He was caonstantly checking her water or reminding me to check it. One morning after his death I was really in no mood to get dressed. It was a Sunday and I had spent a good while on the phone with my kids and then went to the computer. At about 11:30 I heard Misty scooting her bowl around the floor. She would do that when she ran out of water trying to get another drop.

It upset me that I had let her run out even more because I knew how upset Johnny would be about it. She had stayed with his son for a while after he died but he decided that she wasn't happy there and she was not getting the attention she needed so I got her back. Somehow her dish had been thrown away so I bought a new one. For some reason I started putting her food and water on oposite sides from where Johnny and I had put it.

When I got to the kitchen that morning I grabbed a glass of water and went to her dish. The food side (the side her food was on when Johnny was alive) was full of water :!:

About two years ago I bought her a new kind of food. She refused to eat it. We had a battle of going on to see who could hold out the longest. She refused the food and I refused to give her any people snacks. I live too far from town to make a trip just for a particular spoiled little dog. I tried everything and nothing worked. I even cut up some roast beef in miniscule pieces and mixed it with gravy and mashed it into the other food. She picked every bite of the meat out and left the dog food.

During that time Johnny's niece Pam and I were on instant message every night. I noticed that she had a new icon by her name. It was a blue dog dish. It was there every night when we talked. On the 5th night she told me that she had canceled that account and opened a new one and was really upset because that dog dish was there , not just as an Icon but under all of her writing. She was afraid that people would think her strange. When she said that I looked across the room at Misty's blue dog dish and I know where that Icon had come from. It was Johnny telling me that Misty would never eat that food.

One time I had insisted on buying her some Milk Bones. He told me I was wasting my money but I bought them anyway. I bought the smallest ones they make. Well she ran from them like she was afraid of them :shock:

When I saw that blue dog dish on the computer and Pam told me that she had not put it I knew it was Johnny reminding me of that other time so I would give in and go get her some of her regular food. By the way Pam and I both searched all of the icons available on that instant message site and there wasn't a dog dish of any color anywhere :!:

I love hearing all the stories of signs from our loved ones! I have signs like those from Rick, too. And I dream about him all the time, and in my dreams he's not sick or dying. Here's the first of many signs I have experienced:

One of the last times Rick and I were together before he got sick, we were having a thunderstorm with lots of rain and lightning. Where I live we don't get them very often so I'm fascinated by them. Rick and I went out on the back porch to watch the lightning and it started pouring like crazy. We ran out into the back yard to see how wet we could get, and it started hailing! We were soaking wet and having so much fun, I'll never forget that day. He died not long after that, and for two weeks straight it poured down rain and we had thunder and lightning everyday. I think it was Rick telling me he was still with me.

I have dreams about my dad all of the time. In them,he is never sick and always has his hair...like before he started chemo. I think that I had another sign the other day. I was walking next to my husband's dresser and out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of those "hope" rubber bracelets for cancer. I hadn't seen one of those for months, although i wore it a lot when he was first diagnosed. It was so wierd to just see it again. Also, regarding that chill someone talked about..I have had that a couple of times when I see something that reminds me of him. Keep this stuff coming..it is so helpful!

I have mom's birthstone ring that we had given her a long time ago. Her fingers were much more slim than mine. I had tried to put it on several times but no success. I thought about having it enlarged a little so I can wear it. Then one day when I was thinking about her I put the ring on and again I couldn't get it over my knuckle I thought to myself gosh, I wish this would fit me and sure enough right as I said that it slipped effortlessly over my knuckle. It hasn't happened since and I haven't had the ring enlarged. Don't know whether I should or not.

I had something happen again today. For some reason my ex seams to be sending me a lot of signs lately. At least I think it is him because it is the coins.

The lady I care for has a paralized right arm. Because of that I have to open her mail for her. While opening it today I got a real surprise. I have no idea where they were from or what promotion they were for but she had one envelope that had a shiney nickle in the address window and another one had two bright new pennies! That is always the combination I find. Johnny's niece says the nickle is me and the pennies is Johnny and Denis. I'm not sure who is sending them or what they mean but they sure do flash those bright coins around me.

I went walking the other day around this little lake. I was thinking about my mom and all the sudden I saw 4 deer cross the path 10 feet ahead of me! I NEVER see wild life in this area or any area for that matter! One of the deer turned its head to look at me. And everythin was very still and it just stared at me for half a minute. It was all very calming. I felt like she was with me.

My mother passed away 6 years ago and we had always said... "if there is a way... whoever goes first will come back and prove it"... The day my mother died, I was living in Australia.. I was lying in bed awake early in the morning and the end of my bed shook... as if someone was pressing down on it. I found out shortly that that was the exact time my mother (in Canada) had passed away. I have heard nothing from her since until July 30th.

On the night of July 30th (which happens to be the 6 year anniverary of her death I was sleeping upstairs because my husband was snoring. I had awoken, it was 2:30 am in the morning and I was lying there on my right side facing the wall.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I thought for a moment it was my husband. I then heard walking over to the side of my bed. I did not turn around and now I wish I had. I realized that it was not my husband when all of a sudden I felt a hand on my right shoulder. It was a hot night and I had the blankets at the bottom of the bed. Suddenly the blankets were pulled up and put over me. I then heard a whisper... "my baby"... it was my mothers voice.

I turned around and there was nothing there.. but I had such a feeling of peace. I then went downstairs and my husband was sound asleep. I don't know why she waited 6 years to come back but it just reiterates so strongly in my mind that there is life after death... they just go to another plane of existence..

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my wife a digital camera for our first Christmas together. She was taking pictures of me one day while I was still getting Chemo and Radiation and had lost about 40 pounds. I looked like I had one foot in the grave. After I down loaded the pictures to the computer she looked at them and asked why there was this mist floating around me in all those pictures. I couldn't tell her. She thinks someone is watching over me.

:):):)

I had an experience similar to Jorja's... recently,I was walking my dog in a favorite wooded area, and feeling very lonely for my sister. A monarch butterfly kept flying around me, following me. I have never seen such a butterfly at all in this area. It made me feel peaceful, as if she was there. Several times recently since then, a lone monarch butterfly flew around me in my backyard, which is 5 miles from where I walk. I'm always alone when this happens, and also, I have never seen this species of butterfly in my backyard. My sister loved all forms of nature. I would never have shared this, if not for seeing this post. I have not been on this board for months.

DebsSky

When I told my sister that I wished for a sign from mom she told me don't look for her, she will come to you. And it's true. The signs and dreams come when I am not expecting them. But you do have to be open to recognize them when they do come. Your mom is still with you though you may not have seen a sign...yet.